[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stone Temple Pilots - Core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: MI0003590321.jpg (133KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003590321.jpg
133KB, 1080x1080px
Is this one of the most underrated albums ever? Morality aside, it's basically a tribute/compilation of everything that was great in the alternative rock scene in the early 90s.
>>
>>70482893
It's really good but there is most likely more underrated albums out there.
>>
first 2 albums are very nice
>>
It was one of the biggest albums of the Alternative/Grunge era, so I'd hardly say it's underrated.
>>
This is the beginning of post-grunge. I would respectfully disagree
>>
>>70482893
Failure's Magnified and Tool's Undertow are more underrated and are from around the same period.
>basically a tribute/compilation of everything that was great in the alternative rock scene in the early 90s.
As decent as this album is, it's like the other anon said saying it was the start of post-grunge. STP was an attempt to cash in on grunge. Not saying the band was aware of this, but whoever signed them was.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
*Plush starts playing*
>>
>>70482893
Terrible album. This band did not develop their own sound until Tiny Music, which in itself is pretty embarrassing.
>>
I fucking love STP
>>
I love Plush, but desu the guitar tone on that song kind of gives me a headache.
>>
>>70482893
>it's basically a tribute/compilation of everything that was great in the alternative rock scene in the early 90s.

That's called a "rip-off" not a "tribute". They just stole everyone else's sound and pretending it was original.
>>
>>70482893
STP remains the only band from that era I can still listen to and still fucking love.
>>
>>70487733
>>70485528
>>70484750
>the faggots arrive just in time
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Core [Atlantic, 1993]

Once you've learned to distinguish them from the Stoned Tempo Pirates, the Stoned Pesto Pinenuts, the Gray Templed Prelates, Pearl Jam, Wishbone Ash, and Temple of the Dog, you may decide they're a halfway decent hard rock act. Unfortunately, after they're done setting you up with their best power chords, you realize that the type song is "Sex Type Thing" and it's attached to a rape threat. The band claims this is intended ironically, sort of like "Naked Sunday"'s sarcastic handshake with authority. But ironic critique loses its teeth when the will to sex still powers your power chords. And if that's the excuse critics, as well as MTV listeners, have reason to expect, the whole band should catch AIDS and die. B-
>>
>>70487733
i dont think they was pretending anything, they were just standing for their own sake
>>
>>70487879
>faggot SJWs like this existed before 2005
>>
>>70487879
seriously is there a worse critic than him? I didn't even listen to this fucking album but his review is just so useless.
>>
>>70487920
I gotta give him credit, no P4k reviewer would say that a band deserves to catch AIDS and die.
>>
Basically, he's saying that STP were a closet cockrock band posing as alternative rock.
>>
>>70487956
but thats not true, them lyrics are not cockrock for fucks sake
>>
>>70482893
STP were shit cock-rockers. Go listen to a legit underrated 90s alt rock band like Gumball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr-jQFfhkbY
>>
>>70488182
I WANNA RUN THROUGH YOUR WICKED GARDEN
I WANNA DRINK FROM YOUR NAKED FOUNTAIN

This could be a RHCP song if you added a lyric or two about California.
>>
>yfw you realize what "Stone Temple Pilots" is actually referring to

Christgau is smarter than you guys give him credit for. He wasn't fooled by this band for one second.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.