[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Day in the Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: goat.png (84KB, 501x391px) Image search: [Google]
goat.png
84KB, 501x391px
How do y'all feel that the best song ever to be created by humankind turns 50 years old today?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM&index=4&list=PL0jp-uZ7a4g8b4orD6OrbsVBigPO-EX9d
>>
>>70469281
did i just accidentally step into /r/music
>>
>>70469334
no he's actually right on this one
>>
>>70470409
*I'm

cool phone
>>
>>70469281
Surf's Up isn't that old
>>
>>70470445
Hate to break it to ya...
>>
>>70469281
WOKE UP
GOT OUT OF BED
>>
>>70470445
Surf's Up was originally recorded for SMiLE, which was going to be released in 1967. So, while it is that old, it is also still the greatest song of all time.

Not A Day In The Life.
>>
>>70470445
Surfs up was recorded during sessions from 66 - 67. A few overdubs were added in 71 for the album version
>>
There is actually nothing wrong with A Day In the Life. Anyone who tries to meme it is a compulsive contrarian who will also tell you the earth is fucking flat. Some people literally can't stand the idea of something popular also being good, because their entire self-image is predicated on believing they are much better than everyone else, and since they themselves aren't popular, anything popular must not be good.

You can dislike the Beatles, think they are overrated, whatever, nobody cares. But even if the Beatles are truly overrated and awful, there is still nothing wrong with this song, ok? Praise jesus.
>>
Honestly lads I think Happiness is a Warm Gun is the superior song. The way Day in the Life uses the orchestral climax to glue together the 2 parts of the song is kind of lazy for me.
>>
>>70471111
>orchestral climax to glue together the 2 parts of the song is kind of lazy for me
At the risk of offending your quads, couldn't that impression just be a result of the fact that the song is 50 years old? The novelty has really worn off in that time. It's not as cliche as say, cash register "ka-ching" noises, so it is still more appreciated today than certain other bands that were once considered innovative. I hate to get hyperbolic but you could also say that The Odyssey is lazy storytelling, if you want to ignore the influence it had on every story that came after.
>>
>>70471246
No you're totally right of course. In 1967 is must have been a revolution. But I think Happiness is the song that was structured better and thus aged better.
>>
>>70469281
That's not Strawberry Fields
>>
cool, I was just listening to Sgt Peppers this morning and really feeling it for the first time
>>
>>70469281
I just get beyond depressed listening to this song realizing I'll never write anything like it.
>>
its great but its not even the best song the beatles made
>>
THE
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.