[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he honestly the greatest guitar player that ever lived?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: jimi.jpg (74KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
jimi.jpg
74KB, 306x306px
Was he honestly the greatest guitar player that ever lived?
>>
>>70450874
No, but he was very inventive. He was a pioneer of modern contemporary/blues guitar playing.
>>
Greatest rock guitarist for sure.
>>
>>70450874

No such thing.

He had an extremely unique and progressive style within the rock idiom at the time though and certainly turned out to be an extremely influential figure in rock and 20th century western popular music. Personally I love his playing, but I also recognize that there are many different styles and movements in music and guitar playing besides the one he was part of, and many players who are streets ahead of him in different ways i.e George Benson, Paco de Lucia, even look at someone like Julian Lage today
>>
Without a doubt Django Reinhardt is the greatest to live in recorded history for guitar.
>>
that's not buckethead
>>
>>70451018
i like you
>>
He was one of the greats. Jerry Garcia is my favorite but there's no single best that's better than everyone else.
>>
>>70451062
Some of his hour long jams on "playing in the band " are bit much though
>>
Most gifted I think, in the sense playing guitar was innate to him. Musical brain just like other legends, which I guess is what allows them to be so creative and progressive with ease.

There are technically better players though, ie. Williams
>>
>>70451145
True. I really love him in stuff like this. You can really hear his early roots as a bluegrass musician and it's not a moment longer than it needs to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLyNOVDIKyI
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.