[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headphones or speakers? http://www.strawpoll.me/12142294

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Headphones or speakers?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12142294
>>
>>70443488
Depends on what you're listening to desu
Some tunes sound better when I have my headphones on, and others sound better with my speakers, it's all a matter of personal preference.
>>
Speakers.

But it has to be a pair of decent to good hi fi speakers with a proper low end, that way you can physically feel the music instead of just hearing it.

Makes it alot more exciting.
>>
File: 1484422874310.jpg (9KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
1484422874310.jpg
9KB, 262x263px
Taking a quick look at the headphone community for 5 minutes tells you all you need to know about whether headphones or speakers are superior.

Only a massive inferiority complex and bad case of angry little man syndrome could result in such atrociousness.

>muh $200 DAC (not quite as good as muh $2500 DAC - mids are a little too forward and highs are a tad tingly in comparison - but it gets the job done)
>muh $300 amp (amps are totally necessary and your headphones will sound like shit without one!!)
>muh $50 cables
>muh 48 hour break-in
>muh headphone stand because I'm not pretentious or obsessed with looking cool at all
>muh trying to convince myself that I hear a noticeable difference between DACs and amps that I spent hundreds on even though I know it's not true
>muh onboard audio sounds like shit even though measurements confirm this to be false
>muh "there's more to music than objective measurements :^)"
>muh constantly selling and buying different pairs of headphones because they know headphones are inferior and are constantly trying, hoping, praying that the next pair of $350+ "cans" they buy will sound as good as a pair of $200 speakers/monitors (they won't come close)
>>
>>70443488
I voted speakers even though I always use headphones. I only use my speakers when I'm playing a vinyl and it's probably the best way to experience music imo.
>>
>>70443790
lol look at this assblasted plebeian who knows shit about music
>>
>>70443790
*audiophile community
ftfy.
>>
File: 1483908916268.jpg (246KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
1483908916268.jpg
246KB, 500x511px
>>70443854
Found the headphone user
>>
>>70443790
>DACs are for headphones only
>>
>>70443874
True, but in general the headphone community tends to be a lot worse about it. The speaker audiophiles tend to be a little more grounded and down to earth about it

I attribute this to headphones being in large part a fashion/cultural statement for many, as well as convenient or even necessary for people who don't own a home, and therefore the headphone community skews younger overall than speaker listeners and the audiophile community in general

But even the older headphone users are far more insufferable
>>
File: 1467606774592.jpg (272KB, 900x1350px)
1467606774592.jpg
272KB, 900x1350px
what are some decent(cheap) headphones for producing?
>>
>>70443952
>>70443952
>The speaker audiophiles tend to be a little more grounded and down to earth about it
There was an article about a guy who spend $65K on that shit, I dunno if I would call that grounded.
>>
>>70443988
DT770
>>
>>70443988
M40s
K240s
>>
>depends (state reasoning)

If i'm listening to something for the first time, headphones so it's a bit herder to become unfocused on the music.

If i'm listening to something i've heard before, it can be either headphones or speakers, it just depends on the mood
>>
Speakers always were and are the superior format
>>
File: 1483845612763.png (472KB, 856x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483845612763.png
472KB, 856x600px
>>70443988
How about you use what the professionals use, monitors, so your production doesn't sound like absolute horseshit?
>>
>>70443994
I said "tend". There will always be outliers. Relatively speaking speakerheads are more grounded, and also put more worth in objectivity. They are also less susceptible *in general* to snake oil aside maybe from cables. Just look at all the lemmings with their $200+ dac/amp combos and $100 cables to power their $150 headphones. And their cringeworthy descriptions of the way headphones and different dacs and amps sound. And all the ridiculous fanboyism around brands of headphones, dacs, amps, and cables.

Speakerheads

>find good speakers (very easy, unlike with headphones)
>buy any equipment they need (not much is necessary) to drive them
>enjoy the beautiful music that those speakers emit
>usually spend no more than $400 or so in total and enjoy their wonderful sounding setup for decades to come

Headphags

>buy headphones
>buy an overpriced dac
>buy an overpriced amp
>talk about how awesome all that expensive gear sounds trying to feel better about their purchase
>realize those headphones, despite being expensive, don't sound all that great and there's something missing so they buy new headphones
>all while ignoring
>rinse and repeat
>end up spending tons of time and money only to have an inferior product
>never happy
>poseur audiophiles
>objective measurements are the devil
>>
>>70443988
buy monitor speakers.

Producing/mixing on headphones will fuck your hearing up.

Speaking from experience.
>>
>>70444892
yeah ik that feel, i have shitty earphones but I use my shitty desktop speakers instead bc it hurts my ears desu
>>
>>70443488
headphones = poorfag
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.