[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

red bull® me on harsh noise wall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: reducing acoustic walls.jpg (55KB, 700x314px) Image search: [Google]
reducing acoustic walls.jpg
55KB, 700x314px
red bull® me on harsh noise wall
>>
Thanks
>>
>>70441147
it's loud and monotonous and grating. pull up any noise blog and download the first cassette you see
>>
>>70441147
wasn't it called wall noise like a year ago? noise wall sounds stupid
>it's called that bcuz sounds like a solid noise of wall!!
>>
>>70442909
redpill me on downloading cassettes
>>
>>70443066
You're probably thinking of wall of sound
>>
cassettes are what you release when you know your music is garbage but feel you deserve money for it anyway

people who buy cassettes are brain damaged collectors who can't smell a scam
>>
>>70443266
yea dude aintchu into harsh sound wall? i love that shit

no.
>>
>>70443326
Eighties BTFO
>>
>>70443326
here's your (You)
>>
>>70443066
>>70443340
Stop typing like a retard.
>>
>>70443468
>i don't understand sarcasm or ridicule and need to resort to insults to feel better than how i normally do
>>
>>70443326
Well, I drive a 25 year old car so I still buy tapes. Faggot.
>>
>>70443468
>calling others retards
>listens to harsh sound wall
>>
File: hsop.gif (493KB, 500x201px) Image search: [Google]
hsop.gif
493KB, 500x201px
ITT: People don't understand the difference between "harsh noise wall" and "wall of sound"
>>
>>70443689
>uses shitty reaction gifs
>cannot understand anything less than Perfect English™
>generalizes whole thread because of own personal misunderstanding
>reeking sense of superiority in a noise thread on /mu/
please return your fedoras to an upright position
>>
>>70443775
>Perfect English
They're literally entirely different. Harsh Noise Wall is a genre. Wall Of Sound is a characteristic present in several genres. Shoegaze, black metal, power electronics, even shit like Death Grips should be described as a wall of sound.
>>
>>70443900
I understood Wall of Sound to be a pop production technique first and foremost. This is the first I'm hearing of Death Grips or power electronics having Wall of Sound qualities
>>
>>70443900
>Actual Retard
i literally never mentioned the word sound, much less wall of sound.
the entire time i've only been talking about harsh noise wall. an important part of my post was the switching of the words "noise" and "wall", never mentioning (yes, thank you for pointing out useless unrelated information) Wall Of Sound.
do you like arguing with your imaginary friends too because you're really good at expanding on accusations based off of arguments that never existed.
>>
>>70443326
Actually, the only music worth listening to now is on cassette.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RKVrtlsaM
>>
>>70444071
My point was that nobody in this thread knows what the fuck its called. See:
>>70441147
>harsh noise wall
>>70443066
>wall noise
>>70443266
>wall of sound
>>70443340
>harsh sound wall
>>70443664
>harsh sound wall
>>
>>70443266
>>70443468
>>70443689
>>70443900
>>70444298

>My brain is disease-addled and I'm unfit to hold logical conversation even with people across the internet!
>I don't talk to Retards who can't even differentiate between a sophisticated class of music such as Harsh Noise Wall and a debased approach to mainstream degeneracy like Wall Of Sound. Haven't you even heard of Death Grips?????
>I also don't know when someone is intentionally repeating the same obviously inaccurate phrase to point out that I'm completely misunderstanding everything that is being said to me. Good thing I only type in The™ Correct™ Way™ To™ Refer™ To™ M'lady™
>Lastly I like to refer to myself when showing others the Wild Inaccuracies of Harsh Sound Wall Terminology
>>
>>70444490
>a real human actually typed out all of this autism
>mfw I'm not even a fan of Harsh Noise or Death Grips
I was just pointing out that nobody in this thread knows what they're talking about. Even if you were trolling or something, it just causes confusion. It's essentially "I was only pretending to be stupid!"

Eat a dick.
>>
OP here, thanks again
>>
>>70443964
wall of sound is exactly what it sounds like, you can find it in almost every genre
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZhCjaHKrY0&list=PLpno3jlD9h8l_BCt4H6nt16Kk5HBSLBNK&t=1066s&index=19
>>
>>70444561
it's very obvious you still don't understand ridicule, and every post you replied to was me, along with OP and yourself (honestly i don't understand how you got this mixed up). you just didn't understand. it's ok just try again better next time.
>>
>>70444697
No I think you're taking it too literally. Wall of Sound is a particular means of recording and arrangement pioneered by Phil Spector. I would not describe a black metal band as taking a "Wall of Sound" approach
>>
I like the occasional noise album and I'm not familiar with Harsh Noise Wall. Sorry your thread got so off-track OP. I'm going to check some of these out. Has anyone heard anything off this list, or does anyone have a rec?

https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Harsh+Noise+Wall&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLb-jJF0nlg

I like this
>>
>>70445694
>Likes the number one album on the HNW list
>get a load of this pleb

Just kidding, I'm going to have a listen :^)
>>
>>70445846

I'm literally listening to it for the first time now

I looked it up because of this thread
>>
There was a song I found on Youtube a long time ago that I think was Vomir, iirc the picture was a monochrome sketch and looked like a cave with stalagmites/stalactites or something. Some commenter described it as euphoria like his head caught on fire. I'm never going to find it again.
>>
>>70445846
epic gag
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.