[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is all good music "catchy?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: earworm.png (10KB, 485x308px) Image search: [Google]
earworm.png
10KB, 485x308px
Is all good music "catchy?"
>>
No.
>>
>>70426178
But if a song doesn't remain in your head after listening, has it accomplished anything?

Forget about the pure definition of catchy-ness.
>>
>>70426229
A great song stays in your head and you like that feeling
A catchy song is just annoying to think about and you'll catch yourself mumbling it on accident, and then get mad because you don't even like the song, you just have it stuck in your head
It's why popular music stays popular, because it's impossible to stop thinking about
>>
>>70426319
Is the definition for great song not catchy-ness?
>>
>>70426319
>A catchy song is just annoying to think about and you'll catch yourself mumbling it on accident, and then get mad because you don't even like the song, you just have it stuck in your head

Fucking had a important anatomy exam in my lab, AND WHAT FUCKING COMES IN MY HEAD AT THE MOMENT???
>You use to call me on my cellphone...
so fucking angry, I was miserable.
>>
>>70426375
it's been scientifically proven, that repetitive songs tend to do better on the charts. This does not make them better by any means. Just catchier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3054823/Broken-record-hit-single-Research-finds-popular-chart-songs-repeat-words-again.html
>>
Remember

The more catchy, the more pleb
>>
There are tons of avant-garde music that I find incredibly catchy but maybe that's because I've listened to it a lot.
>>
File: damn fine.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
damn fine.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>70426375
This is the reality, but people have preconceived notions of what music should be considered "good" based on the social expectations of their immediate circle.

Fact of the matter is, Katy Perry's "California Girls" is one of the greatest songs of all time, but you won't catch any adult admitting as much as its not catered to them explicitly.

So when they catch themselves mumbling CALIFORNIA GIRLS muehme INCREDIBLE during that one really important meeting with the regional director that could have led to your promotion had you just kept your goddamned mouth shut steve, they get made at themselves for it because they're not supposed to like it.

The cruel fact is that they love it, because it is objectively superior music
>>
>>70426717
nice try media shill
if you would have said hotNcold I might have believed you.
back to sodimizing the masses
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.