[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Green Day protest Obama's drone strike program?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

Why didn't Green Day protest Obama's drone strike program?
>>
Liberals being hypocrites isn't anything new
>>
>Green Day protests the Bush administration for its fascism and warring
>says nothing about the fascist and behind-the-back deals of the Obama administration
>Calls the idea of a Trump administration "fascist"
Hmm
>>
>>70425096
Who's got the Herbie.png?
>>
if anyone takes their political advice from musicians and other celebrities they're a fucking idiot anyway
>>
Because anything Trump sells more than anything Obama. It's exactly why Trump is in the media so much - money.
>>
>>70425249
An American Idiot
>>
File: autist.png (118KB, 631x631px) Image search: [Google]
autist.png
118KB, 631x631px
Would you guys listen to a anti-Drumpf queercore/rap metal hybrid group? Me and a couple friends are planning on forming a new band to stick it to fascism and be the next DK but we wanna mix it up with some more "modern" music styles to reflect the true punks in America today (the queer and PoC).
>>
File: 1482837511182.gif (796KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
1482837511182.gif
796KB, 320x286px
>>70425264
>>
>>70425264
oh the ironing
>>
File: greenday.jpg (93KB, 700x1006px) Image search: [Google]
greenday.jpg
93KB, 700x1006px
>>
>>70425096
Obama = Good
Drumpf = Bad
>>
>>70425216
>Calls the idea of a Trump administration "fascist"
It's more his cult of personality than anything else
>>
Green Day only does the anti-fascist thing to avoid themselves being called fascists. If you're pretty sure nobody is going to call you a nazi you have a lot more freedom to make whatever you want. Criticizing Obama wouldn't have helped with this at all since he was a liberal and might have even backfired and made them look like racists.

Bush was an easy target and they were only cynically advancing their careers. Trump goes out of his way to make himself an easy target for some fucking reason, I really have no idea, but he's become a platform for a lot of entertainers to cynically advance their careers, too. Criticizing Obama would have taken some actual understanding of politics.
>>
>>70425249
This really can't be said anymore considering who was elected.
>>
File: dKwmNTC.jpg (27KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
dKwmNTC.jpg
27KB, 368x475px
>>70425096
They sure love making words like fascism and racism have no meaning
>>
How do you know they weren't against it? Just because they didn't make a rock opera about it doesn't mean they approved of it. For all we know Billy could have brought it up every evening at the dinner table for a month, and we wouldn't know. But you won't consider that because it doesn't fit into your narrative.
>>
probably they liked Obama's domestic policy and so they were willing to give him a little leeway on foreign policy especially since getting out of military intervention situations is complicated and the Iraq War which radically de-stabilized the Middle East was started before Obama took office

either that or they were at the liberal meeting where all the liberals got together and decided to act like big stupid hypocrites in oversimplified explanations of complicated situations

PROTIP: don't base your political opinions on whether or not you like the people with those opinions, and don't spend your life looking for hypocrisy

everyone's a hypocrite, and hypocrisy has nothing to do with being right or wrong
>>
>>70425096
Green Day is just part of the left-wing of capital. Just because they have a rebellious facade doesn't mean they aren't part of the culture industry.
>>
>>70425294
NO

fuck off.

im lgbt and just fuck off

dont make me roll my eyes over the internet at you any harder than i'm doing in real life
>>
File: 1415289647308.jpg (12KB, 240x238px) Image search: [Google]
1415289647308.jpg
12KB, 240x238px
>mfw drumpfags getting triggered for this video
>>
>>70425096
because MRUMPT is a racist fascist! and OBAMA is a great man im going to mis him and biden's bromance :')
>>
>>70425294
>anti-Drumpf queercore/rap metal hybrid group?

haha jesus christ this would be hilarious and trigger the alt right

I do not think it would actually sound good though so unless you wanna be musimemes don't do it
>>
>>70425096

They did. you just didn't hear/ignored it
>>
>>70425527
>hypocrisy has nothing to do with being right or wrong

absolute fucking wew lad
>>
>>70425096
Obama did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1478754438579.jpg (117KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
1478754438579.jpg
117KB, 1100x619px
>>70426010
>getting triggered to a video of 40 year old men whining
Who?
>>
Trump is to politics what NASCAR is to sports desu
>>
>>70425096
Why do music fans only ever seem to have Manichean opinions on politics? Targeted drone strikes are better than sending soldiers to occupy territory like sitting ducks, better than conducting WWII-style bombing raids, and better than allowing terrorist leaders and expert bomb makers to just do their thing. Even hypocrites are better than people who actually believe terrorism will just go away if we ignore it.
>>
>>70425216
Fascist no longer has any meaning, it's the new "anything I don't like" since "racist" lost its power and "nazi" is on its way out
>>
>>70426010
>Think celebrities completely disconnected from normal society throwing temper tantrums is stupid and pathetic
>omg le triggerd pol drumtpfpftard
>>
>>70427084
>Targeted drone strikes are better than sending soldiers to occupy territory like sitting ducks, better than conducting WWII-style bombing raids, and better than allowing terrorist leaders and expert bomb makers to just do their thing.

But nothing beats Peace and Communism.
>>
>>70425096
Celebrities are phony as hell.

I only respect the ones who call out all of them.
>>
>>70425096
Drone strikes are a necessary evil in the modern era
Green Day and other "political" acts are mostly just rebelling against Trump's general cuntiness and shit policies
>>
File: 1475558237132.png (102KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
1475558237132.png
102KB, 500x487px
>>70427084
>droning civilians will make terrorism go away
>implying this wouldn't just piss them off even more, thus creating more terrorists
>>
>>70429519
That logic doesn't really work considering Japan
>>
>>70429556
what the fuck are you talking about? Japan was planning it's resignation before the bombings.
>>
>>70425096
HE'S BLACK
>>
>>70429598
Read your own post, your logic was that killing the friends and family of citizens will radicalize them, which is far too simplified.
>>
>>70429556
Syria and Iraq are getting hit with relatively small and targeted strikes, Japan got hit with the most powerful weapon in the world at the time and saw cities get wiped instantly
>>
File: 4665.jpg (272KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
4665.jpg
272KB, 1024x680px
>>70425249

I wonder how many antifaggots became the way they did after hearing green day on a tony hawk game and being like wtf I hate america now
>>
>>70425249

It's usually inane idol worship. If Zayn said to his screaming girl fans that vaccines cause autism they'd parrot the shit out of it.
>>
>>70427084
Well at this point we can say drone haven't been that effective in combating terrorism.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.