[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /mu/ even like king gizzard & lizard wizard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: knggzzrd.jpg (335KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
knggzzrd.jpg
335KB, 1200x1200px
does /mu/ even like king gizzard & lizard wizard?
>>
i'm undecided. respect their grind and abilities. not really feeling their sound tho.
>>
>>70424962
They feel kinda samey sometimes, but their variety is impressive and they're enjoyable
>>
File: FB_IMG_1433161557048.jpg (54KB, 720x653px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1433161557048.jpg
54KB, 720x653px
If it's not electronic, it isn't music.
>>
>>70424962
NONAGON INFINITY OPENS THE DOOR
>>
a band that has chosen a dumb era of music to rip off
>>
alot of their stuff is very hit or miss but the ones that hit I really enjoy
>>
I think they fucking suck.

Not sure why they're popular here all of the sudden.
>>
I like the sound of it and can usually vibe with it but nothing has really wowed me. The problem with this semi-recent semi-revival of psych/garage rock is that even though it's catchy and sounds good, it's paired with pretty mediocre songwriting and song structure
>>
>>70425794
this
I think most of their material is quite good but then they released Nonagon Infinity and I was just super let down. No clue why it's their most popular, it's a fucking snoozefest.
>>
>>70425131
Kill yourself you stupid waste of space
>>
>>70425882
I feel like with the weird time sigs and like the new microtonal stuff there's a lot more going on then like a lot of other garage revival stuff though
>>
>>70425995
at least in the US I'm In Your Mind Fuzz and Quarters aren't on Spotify and stuff which might explain a little
>>
File: 1386795369576.jpg (171KB, 499x497px) Image search: [Google]
1386795369576.jpg
171KB, 499x497px
>>70424962
boring entry level garbage for gutter palette plebeians
>>
idk, but why the FUCK isn't I'm In Your Mind Fuzz on spotify?
>>
>>70426107
I mean yeah I get what you're saying and I'm inclined to agree but at the same time I feel like that sort of proves my point. We're saying a band is a step above the rest in the genre because they use weird time signatures and microtones, not because the songwriting or the emotion behind it is anything to write home about. I dunno, to me it just seems like style over substance. But like I said earlier, I can still dig it, so it's not necessarily a huge problem
>>
>>70426172
Cause ITS IN YOUR MIIIIND
>>
>>70426706
yeah totally makes sense i feel like when garage rock stuff tries to emotional it goes more in the angsty-whiny-bitchy direction so I'm just dig king gizz cause its fun and more about the music
>>
Sleep Drifter is cool
>>
I think Nuclear Fusion is a great song, but overall they don't wow me.
>>
>>70426958
Yeah actually that's pretty fair, there definitely is a thin line between emotional and angsty, especially when it comes to rock music. I guess personal is more the word I'm looking for as opposed to emotion, but still I get what you're saying, not everything has to be super personal lyrically. Still a fun record from a fun band
>>
>>70426172
castle face are cunts
>>
>>70424962
>tfw you'll never have anyone tied up in your basement for a month with a red strobe light and Nonagon Infinity playing on repeat for the whole time as you flash gruesome pictures on the walls for them to be forced to watch.

Why even live?
>>
>>70426015
do not respond to tripfag, filter and move on
>>
Only a few early songs I like but I'm in your mind fuzz and everything on is fantastic
>>
File: bob_lol.jpg (130KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
bob_lol.jpg
130KB, 500x383px
I like psych and I think they're alright.

I mostly enjoy the novelty of them being a 7 piece outfit.

>band has 2 drummers
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.