[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Folk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: dylan.jpg (489KB, 684x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dylan.jpg
489KB, 684x1024px
What's the most recent folk album that could be considered revolutionary?

Post folk with predominantly electronic sounds.
>>
File: a0897080833_10.jpg (192KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
a0897080833_10.jpg
192KB, 900x900px
>>70423614

Sufjan is the leader in this regard and pic related would be his most revolutionary.

Go to illionis if you want something a bit more traditional
>>
>>70423817
what else?
>>
>>70423840

I just gave you 2.4 hours of revolutionary folk, fuck off you greedy cunt.
>>
>>70423614
Dylan looks like he lives under a bridge and sucks dick for a living
>>
>>70423869

If only he accepted his noble prize dressed like this.
>>
>>70423861
>that
>folk
Alright, boy.
>>
Listen to these, get back to me when you're finished. Thanks.

The Savage Young Taterbug - River Mortis (2009)

Richard Dawson - Nothing Important (2014)

Animal Collective - Sung Tongs (2004)

Biota - Invisible Map (2001)

Matt Elliott - Drinking Songs (2005)

A Hawk and a Hacksaw - The Way the Wind Blows (2006)

Children Eating Birds - Children Eating Birds (2005)

DVA - Hu (2010)

Cerberus Shoal - The Land We All Believe In (2005)

Fockstrot - The Devil And Eric Johnson (2013)
>>
File: Untitled.png (296KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
296KB, 1366x768px
>>70423921

Literally is though
>>
>>70424017
Wow, you sure got me there, didn't you?
>>
>>70423985
Bruv I love these albums but considering SYT "revolutionary" is pretty silly.

You have no idea how much he banks on being extremely lo-fi and obscure.
>>
>>70424055
Meh, a lot of his work, particularly that album, come off as more conscious noise than simply lo-quality recording, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>70424041

What is your endgame here? to argue that sufjan stevens isn't folk?

Quite obviously is, and sure age of adz might not be traditional folk but it's exactly what OP was asking for.
>>
>>70423614
New Bon Iver
>>
>Avey Tare: It's weird, in New York, it's like the big theme of everything is folk music and interacting with people. Maryland is where the landscape of our music comes from, it was more like, let's walk around. People are saying that we are part of some sort of folk scene. We don't feel connected with it. We do live in the city, and communicate with people. It's all folk music.

>Pitchfork: It's that quote, "It's all folk music. I never heard no horse make music."

>Avey Tare: People seem to think that folk music is people with acoustic guitars. Or punk music is people with mohawks, leather jackets. It's all folk music.

Avey said it best - you dont have to be a 40 year old in midwestern US in the 1960s to have made 'legitimate folk'. it's all folk music and people specify it to a really certain point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4n0rnaF7R0

If you listened blind, Harpy is indistinguishable from 70s folk music
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.