[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"radiohead's so hard to get into"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1481980283814.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481980283814.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>"radiohead's so hard to get into"
>>
Seriously, what is with Reddit teenagers and their obsession with Radiohead being an avant garde inaccessible band?
>>
>>70415161
Seriously, what is with /mu/ teenagers and their obsession with Reddit being an autistic inaccessible forum?
>>
>>70415161
Seriously, what is with Radiohead obsession and their teenagers with Reddit being an avant garde inaccessible band?
>>
>>70415161
yeah they're pretty hard to like on account of making the most neutered, boring "rock" ever
>>
>>70415226
If anything they consider death grips way more inaccessible, same with /mu/.
>>
Seriously, what is it with you not checking em?
>>
Radiohead, what is with seriously obsession and their teenagers with being Reddit an band garde inaccessible avant?
>>
>>70415349
Seriously there's barely any difference between a r/indieheads and mu
Both listen to same shitty music (green day, lame impala, gorillaz, radiohead, my chemical romance, green day, macdemarco, indeh, (c)rap, meme metal, death grips, fleet foxes, arcade fire, the list goes on...), both are clueless about music theory but somewhat mu is a better music board and has the right to make fun of reddit
>>
>>70415598
>muh music theory
>>
>>70415637
Thanks for reminding me
Both imbeciles argue like 5 year old
>>
File: yyy.jpg (238KB, 1337x1289px) Image search: [Google]
yyy.jpg
238KB, 1337x1289px
>>70415598
>music theory

>no PhD in biochemistry
>still enjoys different food
>>
>>70415598
wewa lad
if you actually spend time on /mu/ you will see a much bigger scope of artists being discussed then those you just mentioned. Try to start threads about other artists. Be the change you want to see
>listing dead memes like Arcade Fire, Tame Impala, fucking Fleet Foxes
>implying anyone here unironically likes Green Day and MCR
>>
>>70415716
b-but I unironically like Green Day and MCR :^(
>>
>>70415758
this.
mu should stop bashing them just because of their fanbases they are great bands
>>
>>70415758
>>70415799
this is an 18+ website. also i can see your samefagging bud. stop it
>>
>>70415716
>implying anyone here unironically likes Green Day and MCR
Yes, there are actually mentally mature people here, who don't bend their own tastes to views of approval-seeking autistic teenagers on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
File: screenshot_045.png (4KB, 460x99px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_045.png
4KB, 460x99px
>>70415809
>samefagging
???
>most of their fans are teens so adults can't enjoy it meme
They are great bands and they make super fun music. This is all music is about
maybe you would enjoy them if you weren't so pretentious
>>
>>70415949
>ip count still hasn't gone up
SAD!
>>
>>70415809
Mcr debut album was legit good and the rest is pretty trash
>>
>>70415963
>has no factual argument
>"lel kek seimfeg"
>>
>>70415999
>this post comes >>70415976 and bumps IP count up to 12
>after your post it stays at 12
S A D !
A
D
!
>>
>>70415704
You know the normie who works at hot topic also enjoys listening to different music
but if you are really interested in music you have to know at least how to read notes and know the basic theory in whichever genre you're interested in just like how someone who's interested food should take cooking classes to actually know the flavors he's savoring and to have a valid opinion on food he's tasting
>>
>>70416024
yeah because someone who posted at the beginning of the thread couldn't have made a comment
you fucking retard
>>
>>70415516
Pretty much this. Hell even Coldplay does it better, and I don't really like them that much.
>>
>>70416282
>you have to know
No, you don't have to and nobody has to. This knowledge is only needed if you're interested in creating music (and even then it's not strictly speaking absolutely required). Understanding the technical aspects of a piece does virtually nothing for the listener - you may find yourself appreciating the technical side of it more, but it is an entirely separate plane from your basic universal emotional perception. Even some random historical snippet about the artist does infinitely more for visceral perception than distinguishing which measure or technique are used. Likewise for food - it is entirely unnecessary to know anything about the cooking process itself to be able to enjoy and discern the finer subtleties of flavour and develop a taste.
>>
>>70415716
AF, TI, MCR and GD (at some point) have some good music though. Don't need to bash them just cause you don't like them.
>>
>>70416646
>Don't need to bash them just cause you don't like them.
>the whole point of this board
>>
>>70416282
As someone who fell for this meme and took the time to learn music theory, I can confirm this is bullshit. Music theory is a human construct and is not necessary to know in order to have an appreciation or valid criticism for music. To think otherwise and to disregard someone's opinion as a result is elitist and ignorant
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.