[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car by porches is an underrated indie gem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: c3fb3bd0.png (361KB, 784x464px) Image search: [Google]
c3fb3bd0.png
361KB, 784x464px
best song on pools.
best porches song.
very strong vocal melody.
well-crafted.
well-produced.
not too long not too short.
captures 2010s millennial detachment better than any other song.
>>
agreed. The steady build in this song is fucking fantastic.
>>
>>70405607
>Roland Alpha Juno 1 / HS-10 / SynthPlus 10

My nigga
>>
I love the atmosphere of the album.

Also, this stripped down session is really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2ig8QnFjZM
>>
I love the song on its own but it kinda breaks the flow of the album. Bunch of sleepy, sexy, intimate, minimal electro-pop tracks with a melodic, loud rock track about a car thrown right in the middle. Really throws me every time.

It's a good record, and Car is fantastic but shouldn't have been on Pool.
>>
who wants to bet porches will get big on /mu/ with their next release or just the discovery of pool and then all of you will start to hate this solid band
>>
>>70407479
There is already a decent amount of hate for them, or at least there was when the album came out and I tried talking about it. A lot of people are elitist and can't enjoy simple, well written, well produced indie. I just like it because it gives me nostalgia for my chillwave days
>>
>>70405607
I was so disappointed by Pool. A lot of the songs sound so uninspired and static (like car). Here's a version of Mood before it was released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90kVB1Y7c40

But the version on the album is so goddam tame and boring. Slow Dance in the Cosmos beats this album out of the water.
>>
>>70407702
Yeah, I think you're onto something there. In the live version, you have those cool vocal harmonies, and having real drums instead of that homogenized beat on the album version really gives the song more energy.
That said, Car doesn't seem to have that problem, not as far as I can tell.
>>
>>70407546
Wasn't everyone saying that they paid for Best New Music from Pitchfork? kek.
>>
>>70408004
Yeah from what I remember. It's strange how the most inoffensive music spurs the most hate and vitriol around here
>>
>>70408097
well /mu/ fundamentally hates twee so weh
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.