[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw it finally clicked It's so fucking good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: the lonesome crowded west.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the lonesome crowded west.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>mfw it finally clicked

It's so fucking good.
>>
File: 1484460221136.jpg (20KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
1484460221136.jpg
20KB, 343x343px
>not being blown away by it on the first listen
wtf is wrong iwth u op
>>
>>70403253
I wasn't in the mood. I couldn't pass the first track.

Today I listened the whole thing and I was blown away.
>>
>>70403499
Oh man that happened to me, tried listening to it while studying and just couldn't get into it. Then the next time it was like wtf why didn't I like this before
>>
>>70403499
lmao the first time i listened to it i was shitfaced drunk so thats probably why i enjoyed it so much
>>
>>70403529
Yea, I couldn't believe how dum I was. And even imagine that I love Pavement and Built to Spill and I couldn't even pass the first track of LCW.
>>
>>70403790
Can you help me love Pavement? I love MM and Built to Spill but I can't get through the first track of any Pavement album that ive tried. What should I listen to?
>>
>>70403827
Frontwards is a God tier track. Listen to Watery, Domestic.
>>
I listened to this for the first time recently and it's pure cringe. No wonder it was a 10/10 album to me when I was 15.
>>
>>70403961
Hey

Fuck you
>>
>>70404015
They were 18 when they made this. And it's obvious the older you get. No wonder they moved away from this sound.
>>
>>70403790
Teeth like gods shoeshine is pretty abrasive.. That album is amazing but the intro isn't exactly inviting lol
>>
>>70404081
How is that an actual criticism? How is anything you've said an actual criticism?
>>
>>70404081
The youngest member was 19, Isaac was 22.
>>
>>70403827
listen to range life
then listen to pueblo
then listen to crooked rain in its entirety
>>
>>70403827
Not even Crooked Rain?
>>
>>70404081
I think that it makes it more compelling. Their uncertainty and anxiety is authentic, and their youth (inexperience?) frees the reigns of "tasteful judgement", so they experiment with their sound and just roll with it. Yet, the band (Ian in particular with his lyrics) has this incredible clarity that few bands have. No exaggerations, this album is essential.
>>
>>70404219
I like Pavement, but I don't like Crooked Rain outside of a few songs. It lacks everything I liked about its predecessors.
>>
>>70404298
It's not as noisy as its predecessors. And the last noisy stuff they did was Watery, Domestic. I agree noise Pavement is best Pavement, but CR,CR IS still a great alternative rock album. Gold Soundz is probably the best song from 90s.
>>
>>70404397
I do enjoy Gold Soundz. The classic rock influence is the most offputting part of it all to me, and tracks like Cut Your Hair are just way too saccharine.
>>
>>70404243
>Ian
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.