[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start with drums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1479585558507.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479585558507.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
and I mean buying them.
I know what I need in my kit but no starting point on specific drums, sifting through demos until I hear something I like for each individual piece sounds like a long and stupid way of going about it even after narrowing them down by size and material.
I'm opposed to buying an all in one because I don't want to drop money on a piece of shit I'm going to gradually replace anyway that I don't like the sound of.
>>
>>70396994
cool cat
>>
>>70396994
get some pots and pans
>>
File: 1468506669055.png (219KB, 568x590px)
1468506669055.png
219KB, 568x590px
>>70397745
>>70397776
thanks guys
>>
>>70396994
>buying your kit in individual parts when youre starting out

you have no idea what youre doing just stop
>>
Most drum sets have the same dimensions. You can tune the toms individually to your preference. You sound like you don't know anything about drums, so I'll assume you're a beginner.

Buy on Craigslist. Get a snare that always vibrates when you hit it, so you don't have to hit it very hard. Get good hardware for the high hat, not some cheap shit that barely works. Just get the standard kit, Don't get some dumb shit like you're probably thinking of getting.
>>
>mfw when drums are outlawed by SJW article 51-1b for being racist sexist instruments in the year 2024
>>
Just get the one your old neighbor bought due to midlife crisis and left on a corner of his garage because it was too noisy and he had zero talent
>>
>>70397966
this
>>
>>70398496
Went to go look at an apartment the other night and it was awesome, river view, gym, sauna and indoor pool. I was about ready to tell the leasing agent I'd take it when I heard the most terrible trying to play a Rush song drumming coming from somewhere. It would have been my neighbor lol. The leasing agent told me that it's been a problem but he's not violating his lease. I thanked her for her time and skipped right out of there.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.