[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever met a famous musician? I met Art Garfunkel once.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

File: art.jpg (47KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
47KB, 500x711px
Have you ever met a famous musician? I met Art Garfunkel once. Wish I hadn't, honestly.
>>
I met Robert Fripp the night he killed my entire family because I listened to Red on youtube once.
>>
LARRY YOU BALD ASSHOLE
>>
todd rundgren let me take a shit in his house once
>>
>>70396973
kek
>>
>>70396914
You the anon who said you might get to interview him a few weeks back.

Anyway, no. The once saw Roy Wood in a Specsavers but that's about as close as I've got.
>>
I've met Mana-sama, a japanese artist who is pretty big in a certain niche
>>
>>70397088
No, that wasn't me. I don't want to judge the guy too harshly because I don't know what was going on that day in his life, but he was certainly not feeling groovy when I met him.
>>
>wanting to meet some old senile fucker who probably smells like pee and will just rant about how Kanye and Beyonce are ruining music and he wishes it could be 1966
>>
>>70397130
>but he was certainly not feeling groovy when I met him

hes old, dude
>>
I met St Vincent once, I was like 14
>>
I met Damo Sazuki (happybday) at a local pub - I had no idea he was playing, but he showed up and played a set. He asked for a random local band to play with him, no songs just improved CAN style wankery. He never met the local band before but he seemed to enjoy playing with them. Didn't say much to him, not alot of people were there. He just chatted to the band before doing his CAN style vocals over random improved rock.
>>
Met the dudes from Battles once, they were not having my shit
>>
>>70397231
Have you ever heard the recording of Orson Welles trying to do that Frozen Peas commercial? That's the kind of mean that Garfunkel was being. It would be funny to listen to after the fact, but everybody in the room was mad at him.
>>
>>70397231
More likely he's never gotten over how his career after splitting from Paul Simon amounted to jack-all.
>>
File: pup.png (156KB, 408x355px) Image search: [Google]
pup.png
156KB, 408x355px
>>70397385
really?
>>
>>70397464
Yeah. Made me sad too. He was being really condescending to his crew and side musicians. I don't think he said any swear words, but everyone was stunned at how much of a jerk he was being.
>>
Paul has aged miles better. He looks younger than Art by a good decade. I guess being a douchebag catches up to you.
>>
Does anyone have that grocery store copypasta
>>
>>70397725
The flying lotus one?

I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>70397934
Yeah that one, kek
>>
LOL Art Garfunkel is well known as a serious douchebag with anger management issues. A family friend of ours ran a bed and breakfast where he stayed in some years ago and she tried to suggest to him some of the more popular tourist/eating/shopping locales around town, and he said "Well I'm not most people." He was a total jerk the whole time.
>>
I saw him three years ago and he got into some kind of argument with the sound guys. Eventually he stormed off the stage in a huff.
>>
>>70398305
His voice has gone to shit in recent years, that may be part of the reason for his surliness. Everyone gets old, whaddya gonna do?
>>
>>70398356
That's what he did when I met him. Probably not the same sound guy, I can't imagine working with him for very long. I felt so bad for this sound guy. He looked like he was about to have a heart attack trying to fix the sound while dealing with Art's bullshit. And he was so whipped too. "I'll do better next time, sir." It was painful to watch.
>>
My dad used to work with his brother Jerry, who looked exactly like him, but more heavyset, and was a computer programmer.
>>
>>70396914
Gotta applaud him for keeping the same hairstyle for over 50 years.
>>
I saw Josh Homme at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

(true story)
>>
>>70397437
And...? Paul Simon hasn't written anything good since the 70s, although he did steal a lot of songs. Oh, and the claim that he introduced America and Europe to African music on Graceland is absolutely hilarious bullshit.
>>
>>70398592
He may not have brought African music to the Western world, but Graceland is a damn fine album. As is Hearts and Bones, even though it was not so well received in its time.
>>
>>70398305
>Well I'm not most people
Wow, that's a really douche response.
>>
>>70398592
>a 60s artist who released a critically acclaimed album in the 80s
Yeah, that's not nothing.
>>
Art Garfunkel also makes a point to list on his official website every single book he's read, with the commentary "You'll notice it's all real heavy shit, no fluff." Sort of reminds you of NPR broadcasters who play Vivaldi to "prove" how much smarter they are than you.

He also loves bringing up how he studied mathematics at Columbia and "I’m precise. I think in proportions. I play games with numbers and I proportionalize."

I can imagine him saying to a woman "We have now done exactly 2/3rds of our lovemaking."
>>
>>70398733
I actually heard him say while riding on his sound guy to do his job better, "When you do it right, I emerge as a great star, and that's what we all want".
>>
I facetimed with killer mike last Friday. He told me to go do good things once I graduated.
>>
File: film brain.png (118KB, 231x243px) Image search: [Google]
film brain.png
118KB, 231x243px
>>70398795
>Art Garfunkel also makes a point to list on his official website every single book he's read
It's real.

I definitely got the impression that he was pretentious and full of himself when I saw him, but man, he really is.
>>
Art on why him and Paul split.

"It was very strange. Nothing I would have done. I want to open up about this. I don’t want to say any anti-Paul Simon things, but it seems very perverse to not enjoy the glory and walk away from it instead. Crazy. What I would have done is take a rest from Paul, because he was getting on my nerves. The jokes had run dry. I said 'You know, I'm still single. I want to get from it all, go to Europe, and spend some time on a motorbike riding around and chasing women.'"

t. I split from Paul because he was stopping me from getting laid
>>
File: art.png (153KB, 773x457px) Image search: [Google]
art.png
153KB, 773x457px
>>70398802
I always thought Paul was a bit temperamental. It's quite obvious who was the actual problem.
>>
>>70398592
and you haven't written shit, you're on 4chan lad.
>>
Art on dating and sex:

"I had it down to an art form. When you sign autographs after a show, you see the real pretty one and make sure you get to her last. Then you ask, ever so casually, 'Have you had dinner?'"

The master at work, ladies and gentlemen. What he forgot to mention is that the next words out of his mouth, after the dinner proposal, were, "My name is Paul Simon."
>>
I've met Sage Francis, Pat the BUnny and Sean Bonnet from Andrew Jackson Jihad.
>>
What advice he's given his son James:

"Watch out for traffic. Be kind to people. I’m working on that second one myself, because I’m not always kind. I’m judgmental and picky. When I order room service and they get it wrong I try so hard to be kind and I fail. 'But I only asked for three things! How could you get one wrong?'"
>>
>>70396914
What did you say to him and what did he say to you?
>>
>>70399023
He met and married his first wife, Linda, an architect, in 1972, but they divorced after only three years and he's never talked to her since. He's said, "Our marriage was turbulent and ended very bitterly. I pretty much hated her when we split, and to be honest, I don't think I ever liked her that much."
>>
>>70399093
Who was the coolest?
>>
File: sure_thing_pal.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
sure_thing_pal.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>70398927
>>
File: i can't take it anymore.png (348KB, 595x552px) Image search: [Google]
i can't take it anymore.png
348KB, 595x552px
>>70399242
>he thinks Paul was the problem
>>
>>70398927
Christ, poor paul
>>
>>70399151
Not much. Just your standard, "Hi", "Hi" sort of deal, but I watched him interact with other people for hours.
>>
i work at a subway where MC Ride from Death Grips goes to pretty often. every time he comes in, he orders the same thing: lettuce and mayo with nothing else on italian bread toasted to a crisp.
>>
>>70399237
I had the most fun talking to Sean. But him and pat were incredibly awkward. Especially Pat. All nice though
>>
>>70399305
My buddy and I during this Garfunkel show became convinced that Paul Simon must be a saint for putting up with Art for as long as he did.
>>
File: really.jpg (2KB, 112x126px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
2KB, 112x126px
>>70399286
>he thinks Art was the problem
>>
>>70398927
M-A-N-L-E-T
>>
>>70396914
christ that's what he looks like now, just watched Bad Timing a few days ago and holy fuck he got leathery since then
>>
>>70396914
Met NMH after a concert once.

They signed my records and I played makeshift baseball in the parking lot with Julian and some other people.

I wanted to shake Jeff's hand but he said he'd prefer we'd bow
>>
File: Happy Fripp.jpg (110KB, 610x340px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Fripp.jpg
110KB, 610x340px
>>70396973
>I listened to Red on youtube once.
I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't catch what you said, Anon.
>>
>>70399693
Well, what did you expect a 75 year old man to look like? :^)
>>
Musicians I've met:

>John Carpenter
I bought a meet and greet ticket to his NY show. He was nice. I didn't say much to him because I was completely starstruck, he's one of my all time favorite film directors. He signed my vinyl and poster and took a pic with me.
>Nick Cave
One of the nicest guys I've ever met. He gave me a hug, took a pic with me and signed my CDs.
>Warren Ellis
Nice guy, he complimented my Swans t-shirt, took a pic with me and signed my Push the Sky Away CD.
>Dinosaur Jr.
J was nice but he's just as quiet and awkward in real life as he is in interviews. Lou was very nice, I've met him multiple times and every time he has chatted with me. There isn't much to tell about Murph, he was also nice. They all signed my CD and vinyl and I got pics with J and Lou.
>Jeff Mangum
Back in 2013 he did a solo show in CT and after the show he signed stuff for every fan. He was nice and quiet, he signed my vinyl and thanked me after I praised the show.
>Julian Koster
I met him at the Jeff solo show. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. He spent tons of time chatting with fans, signing stuff and taking pics. He took a pic with me and signed my vinyl.
>Jim Reid and William Reid
Both were nice and quiet. They signed my vinyl.
>Cloud Nothings
All of them are nice, chill dudes who will happily chat with fans. They all signed my vinyl and I got a pic with TJ.
>Touché Amoré
Same as Cloud Nothings.
>Iceage (except for the drummer)
They were all nice and signed my vinyl. Elias was a bit awkward but he let me take a pic with him.
>>
My sister met Joey Belladonna at a club somewhere. Nicest guy on the planet. He played a bunch of classic metal and alternative rock covers.
>>
I met Adam Sandler at SeaWorld once. He was a really nice guy and took a photo with me, but I was really young so I had no idea who he was (my mom pointed him out to me, told me he was a famous actor, and asked me to take a picture with him). Still left a lasting impact on me.
>>
I met Michael Jackson when I was 10
>>
>>70399923
How'd it go lad
>>
>>70399981
>>70399923
trollface.jpg
>>
>>70399981
He doesn't remember much. He went to bed really early that night, and when he woke up Michael Jackson gave him some money.
>>
I met Peter Buck once and he signed my copy of murmur
Nice guy
>>
>Steven Wilson
I met Steven Wilson at a Meet & Greet in 2013. Shook his hand, got a few things signed, and a photo with him. He was very nice considering all the autism I was displaying

>Ghost
I met the band after a show in Niagara Falls last year. They all came out without face paint/masks and signed my copy of Infestissumam. They were all very nice. The poor keyboard player looked so excited when I told him I loved his part in Ghuleh/Zombie Queen

I also got Dave Mustaine to roll his eyes at me during a show if that counts
>>
said hello to Sting in NYC once, seemed friendly.
>>
>>70399813
Almost forgot:

>Public Image Ltd. (except for John Lydon)
Lu Edmonds and Scott Firth were very nice, they spent a ton of time chatting with fans, taking pics and signing stuff. Both of them signed my CD and I got pics with Lu. Bruce Smith ignored the crowd of fans and went straight to a taxi but when I ran up to him he agreed to sign my CD.

I also almost forget to clarify that with Iceage I only got autographs from Elias and Jakob. I met Johan but I forgot to ask him for an autograph.
>>
I got jeff mangum to wink at me at an nmh show after I yelled "I love you jeff" between songs

I'm still walking on air about that
>>
>>70400025
>I also got Dave Mustaine to roll his eyes at me during a show if that counts
What did you do that made him roll his eyes?
>>
File: IMG_1402.jpg (49KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1402.jpg
49KB, 615x409px
>>70396914
I meat John lenon, then I pulled the trigger.
>>
>>70400100
Probably wore a "Kirk Hammett--Guitar God" T-shirt.
>>
met Michael Gira a little while ago. It was p cool, he was nice, got a picture, spilled minimal amounts of spaghetti
>>
>>70398859
I met Killer Mike on the Into the Wild tour, just standing in the middle of a hallway. Dude is the nicest guy I've ever met.
Not really met but I saw Kanye at a festival from behind a fence, I yelled out "hello Mr. West" he waved and shouted "Hey Homie!" made my day.
>>
>>70400100
I was up front at a show and Dave Ellefson threw a pick towards me and it fell to the ground, I went to pick it up and when I came back up holding the pick, Mustaine was playing above me, looked at me and rolled his eyes and turned towards the drummer. My brother saw it happen and laughed his ass off
>>
>>70400150
Should have asked him about sending Christgau a bag of cum after he gave the Swans a bad review.
>>
>>70399813
>>70400064
Shit, I keep forgetting musicians. I think this will be my last post:

>Swans
All of them were very nice and signed my To Be Kind vinyl.

>Sebadoh
All of them were extremely nice. I chatted with them, got pics and they signed my CD and vinyl.

>Tim Alexander
Very nice, he signed my vinyl. He was the only Primus member who would interact with fans, the others went straight to the tour bus.

>Black Francis (AKA Frank Black)
He completely ignored me and went straight to his car. When I went up to the car a girl cut me off and begged him to give her an autograph for a friend of hers. He told her over and over again "I have to go" and then drove off. That was definitely my worst musician experience.
>>
>>70400111
This is an underrated post...
>>
>>70399987
>>>/2009/
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.