[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you listen to music while reading? Any kind of music? Only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: read.jpg (39KB, 534x503px) Image search: [Google]
read.jpg
39KB, 534x503px
Do you listen to music while reading? Any kind of music? Only music without vocals? No music at all?
>>
Stop doing this. You should read in silence you fool.
>>
>>70396744
Not usually, unless it's some really inoffensive, "boring" ambient. I can only focus on one at a time.
>>
Who reads in 2017
>>
>>70396744
I'd go for some progressive house/trance instrumentals. Some like Kaskade, Glenn Morrison, deadmau5, etc.
>>
No, I can't listen to music and read at the same time. I'm concentrating on the music more than the reading and it will get to the point where I'm just listening to the music. So what's the fucking point?

The only time I'll ever read and listen to music is if I'm reading something that doesn't matter like 4chan.
>>
Smooth jazz or ambient.

>>70396774
What are you, a Jesuit monk or something?
>>
I don't have adhd so I read without music.
>>
>>70396744
i find it impossible

it either makes the music background noise or the reading poorly understood

the mind can only do a single thing at a time, this is why meditation works
>>
>>70396806
>he doesn't read
bet you voted drumpf because muh emails
>>
i try to do one thing at a time
>>
>>70396744
I have to listen to something while reading generally, my brain goes crazy otherwise...that said, I've spent most of my life reading
>>
>>70397100
Thats funny I have ADHD and if I tried to read with music I couldn't.
>>
>>70397080
>What are you, a Jesuit monk or something?
Not the guy you're expecting a reply from, but maybe he's someone who'd actually like to concentrate on the matter he's reading or memorize it? Have fun doing that while listening to music.
>>
>>70398134
I manage just fine.
>>
>>70398188
If you're not trying to memorize what you're reading, it's feasible.
>>
>>70398167
really made me think nice
>>
>>70396744
>passive listening
please off yourself cunt
>>
>>70398264
wew nice argument my dude
>>
I play mindless video games like CoD, Euro Truck Simulator, Super Smash Bros., or Bejeweled while I listen to audiobooks. I regularly test myself to make sure I retain what I have heard, and I generally have.
>>
I try to listen to what matches the tone of the book.

Horror/suspense = dark ambient
Sci-fi = Berlin school
Adventure = orchestral movie OSTs

But mostly nothing.
>>
>>70396744
reading is for fags
>>
>>70398054
That's funny, I have music and if I tried to read with ADHD I couldn't
>>
>>70396744
Is that Stephen Colbert ?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.