[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion of Frank Sinatra?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Frankie boi.jpg (13KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
Frankie boi.jpg
13KB, 214x317px
What is your opinion of Frank Sinatra?
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
i like dean martin better
>>
>>70390160
Good obviously, I don't know what /mu/ could do with talking about him though.

Wish I was more hip to other singers of his era though. Have a few compilations of his work, really splendid stuff obviously.
>>
File: frank.jpg (200KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
200KB, 1100x619px
>>70390171
pls don't meme on my thread
>>
>>70390191
Are there any other good singers with nice background compositions like him from the 50s and 60s that you would recommend?
>>
>>70390200
He literally died just a couple years later so...
>>
"Frank Sinatra is the kind of singer who comes along only once a lifetime. Why did it have to be mine?""

-- Bing Crosby
>>
>>70390160
he's really good. I enjoy his music and his voice, combined with his personality, it creates a really nice character.
>>
>>70390176
Dean had more talent but Frank had better songwriters
>>
From a 1978 interview:

"There's still good music being made if you know where to look. The guys are always searching for songs we can use. A lot of times they'll come back to me and say 'We tried, but everything out there now is just teenager stuff.' And I'll say to them 'In that case, maybe I should hire some teenagers as songwriters.'"
>>
>>70390160

Sexy, classy, smooth and timeless.
>>
>>70390940
Apparently they must have tried that on the Future part of Trilogy, because, like, what?

>Sinatra trying to sound like Rush or Styx
No, just no, ok?
>>
The final tour in the mid-90s was pretty fucking bad. His voice was kill and he couldn't remember the lyrics to songs he'd performed literally hundreds of times.
>>
"Why does ol' Frank get so serious? It's just singing."

-- Dean Martin
>>
>>70392963
Thanks for that
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Sinatra legit has more 10/10 albums than most of /mu/core combined. His quality control in the fifties was on another level
>>
>>70393524
I completely agree. Nearly ever 50s album by him was indeed a 10/10
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.