[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion of Please Please Me, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: please_please_me_cover.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
please_please_me_cover.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
What's your opinion of Please Please Me, /mu/?
>>
Merseybeat's magnum opus
>>
>>70382175

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME NOW IM COMING BACK HOME
>>
Their worst album.
>>
it's pretty good, from ONE TWO THREE FAWR to john coughing at the end of twist and shout
>>
it makes me happy desu
>>
>>70382258
WAIT
TILL I CUM BACK TO YOUR SIDE
>>
>>70382230
That would be "My Generation."
>>
>>70382497
PLEASE FORGET THE TEARS I CRIED
>>
Honestly I think this is arguably the best early Beatles album. Everyone wants to say Hard Day's Night, and I get that for sure, but Please Please Me has this hominess that the others don't have and they're just a fucking great rock and roll band that is so stoked they get to be recorded. And the song Please Please Me is one of the best Beatles singles ever and I love when at the end John and Paul sing different words and mess up and John laughs subtly at it and the weird drum loop-y thing. John is really super beautiful I think especially in the early Beatles. Listening to this album feels really good and almost like quiet somehow like it's just you and the band, iunno that's how I feel. Other Beatle albums can feel like you and the band and the rest of the world too if that makes sense like the electric love of everybody you can get right off the record on like Hard Day's Night and songs like She Loves You and stuff. I love Anna and John sings with so much amazing emotion on these tracks. Paul is a better like rockin singer to me you know John was like a girl group singer in some ways you know.
>>
>>70382517
That's hardbeat
>>
>>70382765
bit of a nice style to be splitting hairs over don't you think
>>
>>70382786
meant niche
>>
Great tracks flanked on all sides by boring, underdeveloped ones. Merseybeat has been done much better, by The Beatles too, actually. With the Beatles craps all over this. Love Me Do and Anna Go To Him are inexcusable
>>
>>70382818
Anna is the best song on the entire album. wtf
>>
>>70382818
>Love Me Do and Anna Go To Him are inexcusable
But those are two of the best tracks?
>>
its decent some nice songs
>>
File: PPM-1st-mono-sleeve.jpg (2MB, 3631x3664px) Image search: [Google]
PPM-1st-mono-sleeve.jpg
2MB, 3631x3664px
>>70382175
>not posting the superior version
>>
>>70382830
It's an almost note for note cover of a substantially better song

>>70382845
Love Me Do's harmonica has aged like milk
>>
>>70382887
How can harmonica age like milk?
Please you've got me curious now.
>>
>>70382175
I Saw Her Standing There is one of my favorite intro tracks ever.
>>
>>70382588
this is the purest post
>>
>>70382938
In a song like this? It absolutely can. That tinny, shitty, poorly mixed harmonica screaming over an otherwise benign pop song? Probably seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that we're not rushing to plunder the American Folk Anthology and exhaust its every idea it just seems kind of odd in retrospect.
>>
>>70383015
Turn your highs down, dude
>>
>>70383097
I have listened to that song on over a dozen different systems. The problem persists. It just doesn't integrate into the song very well.
>>
It is the second worst Beatles album, only better then "with the beatles"
>>
>>70383458
>only better then "with the beatles"
Terrible opinion, terrible grammar. Leave
>>
File: killyourself.jpg (60KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
killyourself.jpg
60KB, 878x814px
>>70383458
>with the beatles is their worst
>>
File: Farage-ITV2.png (134KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
Farage-ITV2.png
134KB, 300x299px
>>70383492
>>70383480
It goes

Magical Mystery Tour
Sgt Peppers
Abbey Road
Revolver
Let it be
Rubber soul
Beatles for sale
A hard days night
Help
Please please me
With the beatles
>>
>>70383630
White album at the top of course
>>
>>70383644
Oh sorry, white album goes under Let it be and above rubber soul
>>
>>70382588
If you haven't realized already, you may have homosexual tendencies. You're in love with a fucking pop band, grow up.
>>
>>70383699
What bands are acceptable to be in love with?
>>
>>70383708

Death Grips.
>>
>>70383708
The Dave Clarke Five
>>
>>70383708
When you're that invested in the lives of the musicians, you're not listening to music anymore. You're just worshiping a cult of personality.
>>
>>70383699
>comparing homosexual tendencies to liking The Beatles
As a literal faggot, I'm offended
>>
>>70383699

yeah i might and im not like scared/uncomfortable with that but i really love the female form and havent discovered enjoying anything up my butt yet and the male form/penis' dont really excite me but yeah man i still might be gay i gotta long life it was real popular in rome

i'll grow up when i feel like it

>>70383745
they knew exactly what they were doing when they put out that disney land pic
>>
Great for a first release. (But then again I'm the wrong person to ask since I am a huge dyed in the wool Beatles fan who thinks 99.9% of everything they released is GOAT!)
>>
>>70382517
Mersey Beat refers to a style of British rock music that came out of Liverpool exclusively. It was labeled that because The Mersey River runs through the town of Liverpool.

The Who are from London proper. They are from the West end of London from an area known as Shepard's Bush and therefore do not qualify as Mersey Beat. Nice try but you have to be from Liverpool proper to be considered Mersey Beat.
>>
>>70383699
You say that like it's a B-A-A-A-D thing!
You know who else had homosexual tendencies and was in love with the Beatles? BRIAN EPSTEIN!
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.