[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want my MTV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: mtv-logo.gif (496KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
mtv-logo.gif
496KB, 500x279px
Where's the MTV of the early 80s? How can I watch a wide spectrum of music and music videos? What do you guys use? Youtube is full of censored Vevo adverts. I want my MTV!
>>
I actually don't miss old MTV much at all. With the internet you can get any video at the touch of a button, so you don't have to wait around hoping they play your favorite song. Not to mention they probably played plenty of shit too, like most 80s and 90s radio. Imagine having to sit through bad hair metal and cheesy pop hoping they play The Cure. Nostalgia is what makes MTV seem like godsend now. I'm perfectly ok without it.
>>
>>70374361
^THISTHISTHIS

Don't believe nostalgiafags who talk about the golden age of MTV in 1992 or whenever. MTV was always aimed at 12 year old girls--nobody with any serious interest in music watched that shit.
>>
i'm glad young people don't give a shit about MTV anymore because they'd be pushing the sjw feminist shit even harder than they are now
>>
MTV just played shitty top 40 95% of the time and would if they still played music. Just use youtube and create a playlist of videos. Back in the day the "alternative" acts would only get a couple plays here and there and their own dedicated blocks late at night, the majority of the day was Guns n roses and hair metal Vanilla Ice and New Kids on the Block and shit like that.
>>
>>70374361

But it was there. No you're just blasted in the ass by so much! Was it so bad to be spoonfed? You didn't have to do anything other than turn it on. Are there any resources on the Internet where users can line up music/videos and others can stream/participate. Sifting through videos every two and a half to 3 minutes sucks, and I feel like I won't ever branch out; something I think MTV probably helped a lot of viewers do.
>>
>>70374516

But those alternative blocks did exist.
>>
i get what you're saying OP, it'd be cool if there were still something like that out there that gave you cool recs,
>>
>>70374516
Don't know about MTV but here in Canada there was a series on MuchMusic called the Wedge that featured exclusively indie and alternative stuff. It actually ran for quite a while and just ended a few years back.
>>
>>70374516
I gotta know with the late 80's and early 90's was there a lot of edgy alternative and rock and metal videos being played? from like 87 to 94 you had bands like Alice in chains, Slayer, Carcass, Ministry, butt hole surfers, GWAR, Death, KMFDM, Morbid angel, and Pantera, and those bands had some videos, thrash and grunge more so, I imagine, stuff like ministry or carcass was mainly headbangers ball. but did these sort of bands get actual air time?
I know these sort of bands were on beavis and butthead. https://youtu.be/ALxHqdjYVEY
>>
I liked 120 Minutes
>>
>>70374361
> With the internet you can get any video at the touch of a button
yes but you have to know the song first, with old mtv you could discover new interesting music videos without effort, you didn't have to actively seek out videos
>>
>>70374218
MTV?
https://youtu.be/Iwuy4hHO3YQ
>>
>>70374361
You're too used to instant gratification. Sure it's great, but there is something to be said for delayed gratification. It makes the payoff sweeter. Sometimes it's nice to let others do the music discovering for you too - discovering music on your own is almost always better, but it also requires more effort.
>>
MTV2 was way more important if you think about it. Showed the first wave how to do it with less money.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.