[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that are *not* better than Loveless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: souvlaki-55ba7c6c4554c.jpg (338KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
souvlaki-55ba7c6c4554c.jpg
338KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>70372786
Loveless sounds like shit. Souvlaki is good. Btw they released a new song a few days ago (also better than everything on Loveless)
>>
No. Souvlaki > Loveless. Slowdive's new album will crush MBV'S self titled.
>>
>>70372940
>>70372916
Souvlaki i great but Loveless will always be the best and if you think otherwise then Loveless hasn't clicked for you. The layers and layers of sound on Loveless are absolutely transportive, and are miles beyond the chorus + flanger + delay guitars on Souvlaki. Nothing on Souvlaki is as mind melting as the incredibly unique and beautiful sounds on Loveless. I would say Souvlaki and Loveless are approximately equal in songwriting department (with Souvlaki maybe slightly better), but Loveless is on a whole other level in the sound and effect department that Souvlaki simply can't even compare too.
>>
>>70373043
loveless is not unique anymore
>>
>>70373043
Stop this meme. Everybody knows MBV are a bunch of hacks.
>>
>>70373110
Name one shoegaze album that sounds as good as Loveless. When you listen to it on good headphones (or get a good bootleg vinyl) then you realize that there is almost an infinite depth to the sound on Loveless. It makes other shoegaze albums seem flat in comparison.
>>
Any album ever made
>>
>>70373043
I used to have the same reasoning for years upon years. It wasn't until last year when I realized that Souvlaki really is the greatest Shoegaze release.

Also, everything Slowdive released is at least near genius. MBV's Loveless is one of my favorite Shoegaze albums also, but they never quite reached the genius on it. Isn't Anything and the self-titled are good, but don't rival Loveless. Just For A Day was Slowdive's debut that had a rushed writing process in several weeks and already was near perfect.

Also, MBV's EPs are really overrated.
>>
>>70373175
>as good as Loveless
you mean you like as much as loveless?
mbv worship is a thing, there are lots of copycats of this band, my favorite is probably Lovesliescrushing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjgAXKjX9Y
>>
>>70373175
Different kind of production but Chrome by Catherine Wheel is an incredible sounding album and up there with the best shoegaze albums ever.
>>
Not even the best Slowdive album
>>
>>70373719
And that is what?
>>
>>70374436
both pygmalion and just for a day are better
>>
>>70372916
>>70372940
Bottom tier taste
Also the new Slowdive song was dull as sin. Like LSD And The Search For God but less original. I can't believe people are hyped about the fact that they're going back to generic Britpop with effects after fucking Pygmalion

>>70373257
>everything Slowdive released is at least near genius
How? Souvlaki is great but the best part is the songwriting, there are like three or four songs on that album with any original ideas and one of them came from Brian Eno. Pygmalion is great too but I certainly wouldn't call it "genius" given the obvious Mark Hollis influence
>>
c'mon senpai
>>
>>70372786
huge slowdive faggot so i'm going to shut up but mazzy star cannot compete with loveless
>>
>>70373043
I agree with you, except I really love ''Souvlaki Space Station'' as any song on Loveless.
>>
File: 1482704258755.jpg (1MB, 1154x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1482704258755.jpg
1MB, 1154x1500px
>>70374457
trying so hard to be contrarian
>>
>>70373043
I really like Loveless and the noisy and trippy as hell sound, but there's something about Souvlaki that just gets to me more. The soundscapes on Souvlaki, though not as unique and experimental as the ones on Loveless, are some of the most beautiful sounding I've heard. I haven't heard any other band create such a lush and pleasent to the ear atmosphere. Plus IMO, the more audible and meaningful lyrics and more focused songwriting and structure give way more meaning to each individual song than the songs on Loveless.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.