[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there people who actually listen to Death Grips unironically?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: Death-Grips-You-Think-He1.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Death-Grips-You-Think-He1.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
Are there people who actually listen to Death Grips unironically?
>>
I do. I like their music a lot
>>
>>70369956
unfortunately yes
>>
>>70370031
t. underage
>>
>>70369956
Yeah I like their music. It's energetic and fun.
>>
>>70370723
this, nothing more really
never understood why they got so hyped on here, they're okay at best
>>
>>70369956
yeah i like it a lot
>>
>>70369956
Yeah I love them
>>
>>70369956
Yes.
>>
Jenny Death is a 10/10. I'm serious.
>>
>>70369956
Are there any people on 4chan who don't decide to shit on something because its widely enjoyed
>>
>>70370031
>>70370723
>>70370821
>>70370860
>>70370883
>tfw sharing the board with people like these
>>
Yes, I don't listen to them as much as I used to but it's great workout music
>>
death grips more like pleb grips haha or meme grips lmao
>>
I still love them but I'd never go to one of their shows ever again because sharing a room with that many underage meme loving fucks for 2 hours before they even came out just to get a good spot was horrible.
>>
I like the instrumentals
If i could find something similar...
>>
Get got, Hacker, Hustle Bones, and Artificial Death in the West are the only songs I've ever enjoyed, personally. But I haven't heard every single thing they've ever done, though

oh I forgot this was a meme thread

>DAE underage B&
>>
>>70371507
Grimes
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/69759296
>>
File: 1483946954714.jpg (199KB, 1080x1396px) Image search: [Google]
1483946954714.jpg
199KB, 1080x1396px
>>70371611
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>70369956
What's the point of listening to music ironically?
>>
>>70369956
I used to, before /mu/ jumped on the Fantano bandwagon with TMS and ruined everything ever since. NLDW was the point where most of their music kinda became self-parody. Nowadays, you can't even discuss them without rightfully calling them a meme, because that's what they are in the eyes of the average /mu/tant and the media at large. It's to the point where I couldn't take them seriously if I tried and it doesn't help that they're kind of a one trick pony.

Bottomless Pit was good though, better than Government Plates and Tha Power That B.
>>
my favorite band
>>
Yeah they're pretty good. not the best, but they've had a few good albums
>>
Listening to Death Grips is like loving your family. Do I really love these people or am I genetically programmed to do so?
>>
>>70371666
lol twice in one day i got the devil trips
so peace sells is the best thrash album of 86
suck it
tfw the saw is too complete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZR75xYJkZc
>>
>>70371676
lmao
>>
>>70371654
What's the point of doing anything unironically?
>>
yeah I do it. I'm not personally a big hip hop fan, I'm more into punk rock so that might explain why I enjoy a bit of Death Grips.

My favourites are On GP (sick guitar) and Spread Eagle Cross the Block
>>
File: lmaooooo.jpg (18KB, 363x340px) Image search: [Google]
lmaooooo.jpg
18KB, 363x340px
>>70371676
oh shit u right
>>
I can throw a few songs into a playlist and enjoy them but I can't honestly say I enjoy one album start to finish.
>>
>>70371507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVMR1HWODT4
>>
this is the most disgusting thread of the year so far
you people should go to 9gag
>>
File: 1466881960847.jpg (668KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1466881960847.jpg
668KB, 5000x5000px
>>70371676
What
>>
do people seriously listen to them ironically? cause that would be even more fucking gay.
>>
>>70371830
>listening to memerap unironically
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>70371890
meme rap? seriously? are you 12?
>>
>>70371916
>are you 12?
you're not the one to ask this question considering that you like death grips
>>
>>70371916
>loving meme grips unironically
are you 10?
>>
>>70369956
yep
The people who are outwardly butt-blasted by their music are the real meme-lords
>>
>>70369956
yeah
>>
This shit is the fucking worst. Why are you people unable to separate anything from its online presence
>>
I only like it when it's used in mashups
Otherwise it's just screamy garbage
https://soundcloud.com/mcmangos/my-weird-soundcloud-tribute
>>
>>70371434
Haha good one bro we're so different from the sheeple haha
>>
>>70371992
>are you 10?
are you 8
>>
>>70370723
You don't understand Death Grips if your evaluation ends at "It's fun to listen to"

This music worms its way into your skull and unearths your most primal fears as a human being. It's basically a monument to the fact that music can be dark with a purpose and not just rely on being loud and angry as its only notable quality
>>
>>70375749
You're not only overthinking their music, but you are overthinking a lot about life.
>>
>>70369956
OH SHIT I'M FEELING IT
>>
>>70375842
Or you're just assuming everyone's as boring as you.

Some people appreciate music as an artform beyond whining about slight discontent with relationships
>>
They're not that bad
>>
I'm a big fan of their ridiculously hard tracks
>>
>>70370910
and what feel is that anon? being an overly smug prick?
>>
Here's a transcript of our conversation: (rough transcript I was anxious af talking to him) Me: hey man, my name is Bailey. Just wanted to say that I really liked your looking at your work tonight. Stefan: cool, thanks Me: How long have you been painting for? Stefan: a long time man Me: I getcha, been something you've just been in to since you were a kid? Stefan: yeah, it's something I've always really enjoyed. Me: that's awesome man, I've done a little bit of painting myself. But not quite this quality. Stefan: *nods his head and slight smile/laugh Me: I really liked how you used just 2 colors for these painting. I feel like it really puts the focus on the subjects. color can be distracting sometimes. I've used black and white a lot in my photography. +

Stefan: yeahh man. *smiles a bit nodding his head again Me: and I noticed that one over there [I point to the painting of the jar/vase] the black is super strong, Felt to me as if the darkness was overtaking the image, and brought a more somber and dark mood to the piece. Stefan: *nods again /small little smile again Me: I really liked the painting you did of the snake charmer, I saw it online when you first posted it on your site, and I really loved it. I was really struck by the clarity of the snake and how out of focus the person in the back is, a really interesting contrast there. Stefan: thank you *smiles Me: hey it was nice talking to man, and again, I really enjoy your work. Keep that good stuff coming! Stefan: thanks Bailey. (I go for a fist bump and he looks at me in the face awkwardly and taps my hand with his beer) He was a little uncomfortable until I talked about the colors he used. And then was kinda smiling and not too annoyed haha
>>
File: delivar3.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
delivar3.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
Name my band /mu/
>>
>>70377247
Mr Bungle
>>
I like no Love Deep Web unironically. the beat is just so fuckin hype.
>>
>>70369956
there's no such thing as listening to them unironically

some like memes but they wouldn't put that much time into an artist they don't like

though, I know the psychology of this thread is to tarnish death grips
>>
>>70375692
>are you 8
Are you 7
>>
Death Grips EP is their best release by a significant margin.
Face Melter top track.
>>
>>70375749
their music is not even that dark
>>
>>70377227
How did you meet Stefan? Also this could use some better formatting.
>>
>>70379040
Nevermind, I saw he had a show at an art gallery recently.
>>
Yeah, Three Bedrooms in a Good Neighborhood and Takyon are fucking bangers
>>
/mu/ becomes too hipster for Death Grips: the thread
>>
File: death grips.png (1MB, 765x820px) Image search: [Google]
death grips.png
1MB, 765x820px
>>70378514
>>
>>70371507
h e l l a
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.