[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come there aren't as many great women musicians as there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1437781172918.gif (782KB, 132x131px) Image search: [Google]
1437781172918.gif
782KB, 132x131px
How come there aren't as many great women musicians as there are great men musicians?

Is it that women don't have the desire to make music as much as men, is it perhaps misogyny or sexism in the music business, are women just inferior to men when it comes to making music?

The lack of great female musicians seems odd to me when they make up 50% of the population and have all the opportunities to make music.
>>
>>70368411
what a puny little gif
>>
File: 1437781640272.gif (3MB, 301x199px) Image search: [Google]
1437781640272.gif
3MB, 301x199px
>>70368435
here's a bigger one for you since you're complaining
>>
>>70368411
Women have common sense to get a real job
>>
>>70368480
but they usually pick lower wage jobs anyways, so that doesn't make much sense
>>
>>70368411
I think it's partly because of the public perception of female musicians being either solo pop singers or the pop element of a group
Even when I mention female musicians within bands, I get reactions from people in minor shock which is weird. That can't be the only reason for a lack of female musicians but I think that's part of the reason
>>
>>70368505
Still, more sure job than being a musician
We aren't talking on their wages
>>
>>70368480
is this the bauhaus guy?
>>
The same reason there aren't as many women political dictators - they're not as driven towards that kind of obsessive thinking (for debatable reasons) that leads to trying to be the top dog.
>>
File: 2004-256598.jpg (30KB, 473x600px) Image search: [Google]
2004-256598.jpg
30KB, 473x600px
>>70368586
No
Blixa Bargeld
Einstürzende Neubauten guy
>>
>>70368411
Its whats called the red pill
>>
It's most likely sexism and social conditioning
>>
>>70368411
>The lack of great female musicians seems odd to me when they make up 50% of the population and have all the opportunities to make music.
patriarchy is somewhat true for this reason but you have to realize that when it comes to art. Not everybody gets ATTENTION and woman love attention. and that turns off alot of woman. My moms friends basically laughed at me when I told them my band played a show to only 50 people. told me im wasting my time.

tl:dr society is cruel
>>
>>70368636
I would say woman probably get raised in the arts more then males do desu
>>
>>70368605
thanks man
>>
>>70368605
boy is this band abrasive

how do I get used to this band? where should I start?
>>
>>70368411
you answered the question yourself, it's largely sexism. there are plenty of extraordinary female artists who don't receive the credit they deserve. Joni Mitchell who is above ~99.9% of male artists yet receives a fraction of the attention or recognition for example
>>
Sexism is a part of it, definetly. When female musicians bush the boundaries of what contemporary music defines as acceptable they will be often be shunned as weird whereas males doing a similar thing will be progressive pioneers etc. Of course there are some exceptions but generally female musicisans tend to stick within 'acceptable' feminine sounds.
>>
>>70368811
look up the stats and find out how wrong you are
>>
>>70369575
man the fuck up and listen to Halber Mensch und Zeichnungen des Patienten OT
then listen to Tabula Rasa and cry about beautiful bilingual poetry
then listen to Silence is Sexy
or listen to the Bad Seeds and ignore the tuneless Australian goth who sings most of the time.
>>
>>70369575
Fur wen sind die bluhmen
>>
Men want to fuck women regardless of how successful they are.

They have little incentive to be good at anything.
>>
File: 1477716082741.jpg (113KB, 712x729px) Image search: [Google]
1477716082741.jpg
113KB, 712x729px
More Bjork
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.