[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there other pop music as good as this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

is there other pop music as good as this?
>>
side A
>>
The new Tegan and Sara is actually better.
>>
>>70365812
>Tegan and Sara
listening to sinful lesbians in 2017

your days are over fag
>>
>>70365812
seconding this although I wouldn't say it's better
>>
>>70365759
Art Angels is much better than that 1989 clone. And catchier.
>>
>>70365863
>Art Angels
ew
>>
>>70365812
cool thanks ive never heard them ill listen to it
>>70365863
I didnt like it, just thought it sounded like trying too hard to be weird
>>
>>70365759
Sooooooooooooooo overrated

B sides for a reason. Should be called C sides. And nobody thinks you're unique or cool for thinking a pop album that is "supposed to not be as good cause it's the B sides, but, get this.... *I* actually think it's better!" is "great".
>>
>>70365857
If nothing else by virtue of being longer I must insist.

And I am obsessed with Carly to the point I insist she is a literal actual genius.

Also two songs on side b are previously released and so disqualified for comparison.
>>
>>70365903
My pleasure I hope you like it. The album is so special to me I can hardly explain it.
>>
>>70365903
It's not that weird. Her older work is weirder.

You know, "trying too hard to be weird" is not a good reason to dismiss an album.
>>
>>70365967
i dont expect anyone to think i'm cool or unique, i listened to it and liked it, its as simple as that

why are you so angry you weirdo?
>>
Lyrically, Emotion can basically be summarized almost literally as, "I want to have sex with you / let's have sex / I wish you stayed so we could have sex / I'm not here to not have sex / remember when we had sex?", which is disappointing because otherwise, it's not your typical vapid pop album. It deserved a little lyrical variety or, at the very least, some more subtlety and creativity. Also, the album art coloring is a bit dull. 9/10 if not for these two conspicuous flaws; 8.5/10 with them.

Unfortunately and almost laughably, B Sides continues this tired lyrical formula, mercilessly driving it even further into the ground, proving once and for all that whomever(s) wrote the lyrics truly had one hell of a dedicated one-track, un-nuanced, uninspired mind. But whereas Emotion makes up for it by actually making you feel good emotions because it's such a well made pop album in nearly all aspects, the only emotion B Sides evokes is, "when will this mediocre snoozefest finally end". 5.5/10.
>>
File: trueromance.jpg (576KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
trueromance.jpg
576KB, 1000x1000px
>>70365759
Try

Charli XCX - True Romance
Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time
Marina and the Diamonds - The Family Jewels

don't expect good lyrics of these though, Charli is the only good song-writer from these three
>>
>>70366351
The Store is lyrically brilliant dichotomy
>>
>>70365863
There are like ten grimes threads in the catalog. Fuck off
>>
>>70366510
It doesn't make her less good or relevant. Fuck off.
>>
>>70365863
>1989 clone
But Emotion managed to do synth pop revival right
>>
>>70366419
Thanks, yeah I really don't care about lyrics and don't understand how it could ruin a song
*cough* >>70366351 *cough*
>>
>>70366856
Visions did that
>>
>>70366862
A lot of people don't care about lyrics, myself included, but that's like saying "I don't care if people smoke, they can do whatever they want" when someone shares an experience about how one time they were in a tiny little sandwich shop and enjoying a delicious sandwich, when some asshole walked in and started smoking a cigarette, filling the entire place with smoke. Mind you this is a tiny sandwich shop (pop music), not a large outdoor eating area where you might catch faint whiffs of smoke but it's easy enough to ignore and not really care about.

The lyrics on Emotion and B are the equivalent of that situation. The music is still delicious but the lyrics are very audible and forward, and unavoidably obnoxious in their repetitive and uncreative allusions to sex, song after song. In that aspect, there are plenty of other pop albums or albums in general that do this much better.

Also
>song
If only it was just one song. We're talking about an entire album here. Two, actually.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.