[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you legitimately like this album? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (252KB, 858x868px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 858x868px
Do you legitimately like this album? Why?
>>
Yes

Because it makes me feel things no other albums do.
>>
Yes. I find it pleasant.
>>
>>70363615
I found it very mediocre when it was released. It's not a bad album but it's bad for being an AnCo album. Probably the album by them I've listened to the least and after this album I sorta lost interest in them. The Fall Be Kind EP and the Honeycomb 12 were really good though and ODDSAC.
>>
>>70363615
Has some catchy pop songs
Non traditional pop songs, but still pop songs
>>
it was released the day i was born
>>
>>70363615
A better question is why don't you like it OP?
>>
>>70364564
I liked only "My Girls", but I mean, I'm not saying that I disliked the other songs, I just don't liked the other songs. Know what I mean? By the way, which song you preferred on this album?
>>
>>70364527
wtf are you an 8yo?
>>
>>70363690
Centipede HZ is a very good album. If you liked their Pre-electronic days you'll like it.
>>
>>70363615
I like the layered production, fun pop melodies, and sort of primal lyricism
>>
its ok. overrated like most of AnCo's discography
>>
>>70363690
lol
>>
>>70366020
"no"
centipede is trash and doesn't even come close to the majesty of their earlier work. even painting with and merriweather are far better.
>>
>>70366192
>"Even Merriweather"
kys autist.
>>
The real question is.. Why don't you?
>>
>>70363615
It's beautiful music
and energetic
and, on top of that, catchy
what more can you ask
>>
>>70363615
I hate it, and I don't know why. Maybe I'm just a depressed cynical asshole who can't enjoy fun music.
>>
Anything related to or similar to the Beach Boys is automatically great
>>
>>70363615
Yeah, I don't love it and it's for sure not my favorite AnCo album but I do really like it. The first half is way better than the second. The drop in In the Flowers after the "if I could just leave my body for the night" is beautiful. My favorites are probably Also Frightened because of how the harmonies in the chorus and the climax and Daily Routine which has an ending that trips me out and puts me in a space than the band has otherwise only done with Visiting Friends.
>>
>>70369144
>visiting friends
please help me understand the appeal of this song, I love just about everything this band has ever done and that song still continues to confound me
>>
>>70363639
this

it's unique and just has an incredible energy
>>
>>70368689
Nah I fucking hate anco too

Although I'm also a cynical asshole. It may be a litmus test for people like us.
>>
File: IT_consultant.jpg (289KB, 750x375px) Image search: [Google]
IT_consultant.jpg
289KB, 750x375px
yes it's a good album, even though Painting With is clearly their masterpiece, and the pinnacle of modern music
>>
>>70370665
there's nothing to "understand" it's the worst song they've ever written
>>
Their only good album
>>
I used to love it, but lately repeated listens have me coming back to only specific songs

I fucking love No More Runnin
>>
>>70364059
What are you trying to imply here? That pop is somehow an inherently inferior genre?
>>
>>70371800
No that's Golden Gal
>>
>>70363615
This is an album you start to understand when you've done LSD, and it clearly addresses hallucinogenic feels in this album (also, look at the fucking cover): Guys Eyes, In the Flowers and Bluish are a perfect example of explaining as best you can how hallucinogenic feels are.
Also, this is in the completely same vein as Strawberry Jam, which is als very psychedelic.
Also, very catchy, very layered and rich in sounds. Overall has a positivity going with it that's almost unmatchable.
>>
>>70363615
It's good, but just not their best album.
>>
>>70363615
Not at first. I thought it was weird, and just kinda spammed by p4k nuts. But after a while, the songs started to really grow on me. It's very catchey. And AnCo always has a very quirky use of instruments that makes it unlike a lot of other albums outher there.
>>
>>70368689
nah. I think that's reasonable. It's kinda an obnoxious sounding album
>>
Yes
Because it's the best album of all time
>>
>>70363615
I think this and Painting With are their worse albums. I really prefer their earlier work, Spirit is fantastic, Here Comes the Indian is great. I think Feels was when they started dropping off but I still like most of Feels.
>>
>>70373095
Agreed, altough I think they reached their peak with Feels. Strawberry Jam was good but it was the start of the decline.
>>
>>70372369
Based on previous votes we've had on /mu/ Summertime Clothes and Golden Gal seems to be tied as worst AnCo songs. Personally I would like to put Lion in a Coma up there too.
>>
>>70373156
Yeah, Strawberry Jam was good, but I saw them going in a new direction that I personally am not a fan of. I enjoyed most of Feels, especially after Sung-Tongs which I don't really like besides a few tracks. I don't know exactly where I would place their peak, but STGSTV is my favorite album of the 00's.
>>
>>70373198
Summertime Clothes and Lion in a Coma are amazing. What the fuck.
>>
>>70373303
Summertime Clothes in my favorite song off of MPP but Lion in a Coma is shit.
>>
>>70373303
Really? I think they are way too "bubblegum pop" just like Golden Gal. They just feel so off from the rest of the tracks on MPP which are more psychadelic in their mood.
>>
My Girls is good, I can't really listen to the rest of it without getting a headache tho
>>
>>70373198
Summertime Clothes made me cringe a bit when MPP was released. But there are stuff on CPHZ that are worse though because they are so boring.
>>
>>70373461
I find My Girls really cringy.
>>
>>70373782
I don't even care for the songwriting very much, its just a comfy pop song. Everything else sounds like indie college exhibitionism.
>>
I like to get high and dance to Lion in a Coma
>>
>>70366192
hz is legitimately their best from their post SJ era. i am just baffled at how someone can be so tasteless to think otherwise
>>
>>70374052
I don't agree it's better than MPP but it's a fantastic record all the same. It will only gain in appreciation as time goes on and in fact I've noticed more and more people coming around to it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.