[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can trap just fucking die already?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: m.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
Can trap just fucking die already?
>>
CLICKETY CLACK
MUMBLE RAPS
>>
what do you wanna hear fuckin boom bap
>>
>>70355653
FUCK THEIR SHITTY HI HATS
>>
nah
>>
why are you ignoring the best song of the century being a trap song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1JPKLa-Ofc
>>
>>70357505
>Beyonce
>>
>>70355717
yes
boom bap is the best
>>
>>70355383
Trap music is so good though. Not EDM festival trap, but ignorant metroboomin tier shit, it's great

>>70357505
I unironically kinda like this song, even if it has been raped on the radio to no end. what a trashy video though
>>
>>70355653
>>70357490
IT'S LOTS AND LOTS OF TRAPS
>>
>>70357553
that's what i'm saying this song is just that good even the people who wanna hate it have no choice but to love it
>>
>>70357525
she just wont stop getting better
>>
Trap just does go on and on doesn't it? Although it has been evolving strangely so it's not like it's the same thing anymore.

>>70357534
But FUCK boom bap.
>>
>>70357534
i went through all the boom bap "classics" by the time i was 17, there's only so many times you can listen to illmatic and 36 chambers
>>
>driving around the city
>hit a red light
>car comes up alongside
>tick tick tititititi tick tick tick tick tickticktick tititititi tick tick tick tick
>>
DUDE LETS REGRESS BACK INTO THE 90S
MUH REAL RAP AND BOOM BAP LMAO
FUG INNOVATION :DDDDDDD GIB ME CLASSICS IVE HEARD ALREADY
>>
>>70357895
>DUDE LETS FILL OUR SONGS WITH SHITTY DRUM PACKS AND LEAN xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxd

innovation my ass. Trap will be looked back on like disco in the future. It will be old and fucking dated. No one wants 'gangsta rap' back either. All I want is good music not this low effort bullshit. I could shit out a trap song in 10 minutes. And most of these wack ass rappers coming into the scene don't even make their own shit.
>>
File: 1483938335530.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1483938335530.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>70357827
>latino neighborhood
>red light
>car comes up alongside
>BOOM CHIKKA BA-TA BOOM CHIKKA BA-TA
>every FUCKING TIME
you know exactly what i'm trying to put into words
>>
File: Maxo_Kream_Maxo_187-front-large.jpg (275KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Maxo_Kream_Maxo_187-front-large.jpg
275KB, 800x800px
But trap has only just begun
>>
>>70357827
>>70358148
Nothing wrong with either of these tropes, sure in each genre they have their piece of shit songs, but otherwise , there are TONS of gems to be found
>>
>>70358045
most rap that is considered great (and really most rap) has been street related. Whether you're talking nas or gucci mane.
If you're talking skill wise, I'm pretty sure it's easier to make a basic boom bap beat than a a trap beat. Slap a sample from pretty much any genre over a break beat and there you go. Not saying there's no level a skill to making good sample beats but lets be real..You have to know some theory and know your program somewhat to make a decent sounding trap beat...especially if you want to make one that sounds like what's coming out now. Plus people have been using 808s for 35 years now. There is still electronic music from the 80s that people listen to and consider great. Boom bap had a 5 year run (91-96). There is great boom bap but to make East coast mid 90s music over and over will limit you.
>>
>>70358045
>I could shit out a trap song in 10 minutes.
Go ahead, shit out a nice enjoyable trap song, I'll even give you their secret weapons, two vsts that you'd probably turn ur nose up at, but that these trap producers use to get really unique timbres and tones : Glitch vst, and grossbeat

go ahead, I'll keep this thread alive until you come back with something half as good as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLhGk9zQxpQ
>>
>>70355383
Bad and Boujee going number one is proof that the fire will only burn bigger
>>
>>70355383
EDM trap died in 2015
>>
>>70358045
lmao I remember some guy in /prod/ said the same thing about DJ Mustard, and when he attempted to shit out a DJ Mustard beat, he failed and made a casio keyboard tier hip hop beat, he even had a tutorial from DJ Mustard himself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYauIsDWkRE
>>
>>70357787
>there's only so many times you can listen to illmatic and 36 chambers
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>70359397
>really unique timbres and tones
you have 0 idea what you're talking about

They literally use the half speed preset and MAYBE the slow triplet preset 95 percent of the time, absolutely nothing special. For awhile they used that stupid pattern preset that sounds like a record scratch the end and it always was super annoying and sounded like shit.
>>
>>70359644
alright fine, unique timbres and tones for a trap beat, still waiting on that trap beat of yours though (if youre the same anon)
>>
bumping (it's been longer than 10 minutes btw)
>>
its not a trap beat if there isn't 2000 rattling hi hats within the space of a minute
>>
>>70355717
Gross
>>
Still got a long way to go
>>
>>70357654
You mean her producers and writers, right?
>>
How can anyone dislike trap
>>
It's too late... we're stuck.
>>
but why would it die when its... only just begun...

https://soundcloud.com/west1ne/tonight
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.