[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else listen to this album and get depressed that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Foxtrot72.jpg (147KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Foxtrot72.jpg
147KB, 300x300px
Does anyone else listen to this album and get depressed that nothing will ever come close to this level of perfection, nor will anyone recognize its sheer genius?
>>
>>70355257
It was topped by the same band.
>>
>>70355306
Let me guess, SEBTP or TLLDOB?
>>
>>70355257
I feel that way about Supper's Ready. It's a masterpiece of music, poetry, and emotion. Can anything like even possibly exist? Will anyone outside internet prog fans ever recognize the brilliance this non-commercial, 20 minute entity?
>>
>>70355405
That and Can-Utility. Both are masterpieces, honestly. Nothing since has come close to either.
>>
Foxtrot used to be my favorite Genesis album.
Then "The Lamb" clicked with me, and now Foxtrot is 2nd place, but still great.
>>
>>70355496
>title track
>In the Cage
>Back in NYC
>Carpet Crawlers
>Anyway
>The Lamia
>The Colony of Slippermen
>In the Rapids/it.

Lamb is definitely their best prog album. I realize it's a little dense, a little overlong, but it's a fantastic journey with such unparalleled songs.
>>
>>70355496
>>70355979
Yup, I'd even argue that the Lamb is the best prog album, full stop. A surrealist masterpiece.
>>
>>70355257
Trespass as whole was a much better album than this or any Genesis album.
>>
>>70355257
Man, Peter Gabriel could really paint a picture with his voice. I love that sort of long-winded stream of consciousness kind of singing he possessed; melodies crossing bar lines and what not.
Very unique, I feel.
>>
File: Genesis-Atrickofthetail-Front.jpg (88KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
Genesis-Atrickofthetail-Front.jpg
88KB, 953x953px
True patricians know what's up
>>
>>70355257
What is King Crimson's Red?
>>
>>70356989
I keep hearing different things. Some people say Red is their best album, some say Larks' Tongues in Aspic, some say Discipline.
Funnily enough, nobody ever says ItCotCK is their best.
>>
File: 1463739434192.gif (67KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1463739434192.gif
67KB, 380x380px
>>70356953
>no Gabriel
>>
>>70355257
Apocalypse in 9/8 and the keyboard solo in The Cinema Show are pretty much peaks of rock music.
That being said
>>70356953
Mah nigga

>>70355979
You forgot Riding the Scree and Fly On A Windshield
>>
There's something truly beautiful about Can-Utility and the Coastliners. It's impossible to describe fully - it's nostalgic, poetic, and beautiful, but these words don't come close to the sheer emotion and perfection of the song.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.