[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better female musician than her. Pro-tip: you can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Name a better female musician than her.

Pro-tip: you can't.
>>
>>70349825
Why isn't she wearing black and white?
>>
I talked to her on Reddit. Browses lowkey on Reddit
>>
honestly her music bores me in the same way that commercial pop music usually does.
hell even fucking grimes is more interesting than she is.
>>
>>70349941
grimes is the most interesting female artist. you're comparing janelle with the highest standard, bruh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-c6K3dlu3E
>>
File: Kate Bush.jpg (31KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kate Bush.jpg
31KB, 270x400px
>>70349825
There's maybe about 3 or 4 others around Kate's level that I'll accept, but Kate is top
>>
>>70349825
>>
File: 1481225644230.jpg (54KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
1481225644230.jpg
54KB, 500x561px
>>
>>70351135
who is this? and why is it at the trainstation i live at?
>>
>>70351341
Laurel Halo, the weaker version of this >>70351154
>>
>>70349825
Honestly it's tough to say. I think her, Twigs, Laurel Halo, and Julia Holter all entail the top tier of female popular music atm. They have all pushed their realm of music forward akin to their top male counterparts.

Sure people will mention the talented female artists of old like Kate Bush, Bjork, Ella Fitzgerald, etc. but not gonna lie most of them haven't aged that well and aren't that much fun to listen to in today's environment.

Joanna Newsom and Grouper are pretty close up to the top tier, but their work can be all over the place.

Grimes is just a goddamn meme. Beyonce is a real life meme. So these guys are out.

>>70351429
>Halo
>weaker version of Grimes
Don't listen to this anon, Grimes is like a far more watered down Laurel Halo!
>>
>>70351639
>Don't listen to this anon, Grimes is like a far more watered down Laurel Halo!
Let's compare them side by side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0DUUH9bjcM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE

And let that anon be the judge.
>>
>>70351639
>Grimes is just a goddamn meme.
Meme = popular. You're stupid if you believe that she's bad because she's popular. FYI Kate Bush, Bjork, Joanna Newsom, Ella Fitzgerald are way more popular than her. She's patrician, like it or not.
>>
>>70349825
fair enough though i can't name a single one who's worse either
>>
>>70351721
Stop misconstruing my words you retard, I said that she shouldn't even be close to being in this conversation and the only reason she is in is due to her meme status on this board.
>>
>>70351827
Look at the definition of the word meme, retard.

>I said that she shouldn't even be close to being in this conversation and the only reason she is in is due to her meme status on this board.
She's one of the defining artists of the decade, autist. Like her or hate her, you can't deny this. Stick your bias in your ass.
>>
>>70349932
get out
>>
>>70352041
>definition of meme
She's the literal definition of a meme in the context of /mu/

>grimes
>defining artist
Lmao. Tired old synthpop cliches doesn't make one a defining artist of anything.
>>
>>70352252
>Tired old synthpop cliches
What cliches? Post them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.