[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what do you think about their new album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: the-xx-i-see-you.jpg (600KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
the-xx-i-see-you.jpg
600KB, 2048x2048px
So, what do you think about their new album?
>>
>>70342883
boring as fuck like all their other boring shit
>>
I think it's boring. It lacks everything that made Jamie's In Colour and their first album good, while trying to be both.
>>
>>70342947
Hey, their first album is pretty good
>>
>>70342965
Yeah, it's their worst
>>
It's okay
>>
>>70342883
Playing-in-the-bedroom-of-a-basic-bitch-while-she-takes-black-and-white-instagram-photos-in-her-dresser-mirror-core
>>
Terrible. Jamie XX's solo album was good but this just didn't work. Also the vocals are pretty shit too.
>>
File: good_album.jpg (75KB, 2012x730px) Image search: [Google]
good_album.jpg
75KB, 2012x730px
>>70342883
man all you bitches are about to change your opinions once you see pic
>>
I gave up after 3 tracks. Life is too short
>>
It's gud.
>>
It's okay
>>
i think it's an 8.4 honestly
>>
7/10
>>
it's great

stop hating people

jamie xx is a genius afai'mconcerned
>>
Their debut is honestly in my Top 50 of all time, listening to it rn. 'Coexist' is beyond forgettable, and 'In Colour' was pretty poor save for Sleep Sound.

I like this album. The lyrics aren't spectacular and aren't too engaging for the *most* part. But nothing is offensive and there are bits I really dig, so. The vocals are in a weird limbo state where they're not "flat" like on the debut nor do they have much conviction.
I don't dig Jamie's new production style, though. Again, nothing offensive, however 'Dangerous' and 'On Hold' are the only two tracks I can differentiate from the rest.

Despite all that, I enjoy it while it's on. It's a solid enough album that I'll be listening to in full a few more times. 3.35/5.
>>
>>70350306
I like this write up and I agree with most of it.

But going to 2dp when rating out of 5 is insane. dis is clearly a 7.7/10 4 u.
>>
link to mega?
>>
Can't possibly be worse than In Colour
>>
>>70350399
mega.nz
>>
>>70347602
>young turks

oh huh
>>
AOTY
>>
>>70350390
Haha, thanks for that, friendo :-)

But--I like RYM's five star system and using the track average for the final score matches how I feel 99% of the time.

Anyway.
>>
>>70350306
How come it's a 3.35 and not a 3.30, 3.40 or a 3.34
>>
>>70350571
>alt-right basement dweller who only associates that term with cenk kasparian
>>
>>70350616
who and what
>>
>>70350390
It would be 6.7/10 if you could do math friendo :^)
>>
File: I See You.png (15KB, 153x230px) Image search: [Google]
I See You.png
15KB, 153x230px
>>70350594
>>70350596
I like+use RYM's track rating system, and take the average score for the tracklisting, using that as the album's final score on RYM.

That score aligns with my feelings of the album as cohesive unit 99% of the time :-)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.