[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/LowAt40/ Does it still hold up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: David_bowie_low_wallpaper.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
David_bowie_low_wallpaper.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
/LowAt40/

Does it still hold up?
>>
I still think it's his best work next to Ziggy
>>
It came after the best album in his entire discography but it still fantastic, of course it holds up today
>>
>>70342524
yes, it still holds up. listen to it, mate. what's your take on it?

>>70344547
i prefer Low to Station to Station by a fraction of an inch. heh, might be the side-effects of the ...

>>70344432
man, i can barely listen to Ziggy these days. i guess i grew out of it. it was non-stop on my discman while i was in school. these days i prefer his Berlin and latter day work.
>>
>>70345651
Everything Pre-Ziggy is also great. Halloween Jack was an interesting experience.

The Man Who Sold the World and Davy Jones works well
>>
>>70344547
his best two albums, young americans is great too
>>70345651
ive resisted cocaine thus far in life but whenever i give in i already know ill be jamming station to station
>>
>>70345811
yeah, his stuff before Ziggy varies in quality for me. i dig a lot of it, it's just i've heard them all a bazillion times throughout the years. i really dug his latter day take on the Deram years. have you had a chance to listen to Toy (album)? pretty good stuff.

>>70345876
haha, that's great. i quit doing that stuff a couple of years ago after doing it for two months straight. as in every single day for 60 or so days. quit cold turkey and have only relapsed a couple of times. i live in a party town/city so the stuff is always around.
>>
File: 1969_mowmom_us_fix_cvr_800sq.jpg (97KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1969_mowmom_us_fix_cvr_800sq.jpg
97KB, 480x480px
>>70346066
Never listened to Toy, I always liked The Man Who Sold The World and Space Oddity(album)

>TMWSTW being Rock and Space Oddity being pure folk and psych.

I always liked After All and Cygnet Committee.

In terms of Ziggy I would have to say it contains what is tied to be my favorite song of all time in the album with rivalry to The Prettiest Star(single ;)) but people never guess what one it is.
>>
>>70342524
It didn't even hold up in 77. Heroes is better
>>
>>70342524
It's peak bowie about now so I'd expect to see the positives drop off over the next few years
>>
>>70346066
yeah thats exactly why i dont touch it. I know it would probably help with anxiety but i cant afford to become the thick brown duke
>>
>>70342524

this whole thread shows why bowie is so great. everyone has a different favorite, or a favorite album for a different reason, and they're all totally valid.

side 1 is still among his best work. IMO some of the synth-y side 2 tracks don't hold up as well.
>>
File: FIRRREEE AWWAYYY.jpg (62KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FIRRREEE AWWAYYY.jpg
62KB, 480x480px
>>70342524
BLUE BLUE ELECTRIC BLUE
>Is the colour of my Room.

Is it just me or in Lady Grinning Soul when he perks up his voice around half way through and says "Don't be afraid, of the room" does it or does it not sound like he's saying "Don't be afraid, in aid of the fool." send results.
>>
>>70346931
Side 1 would be a lot better if every song didn't end so early.
>>
His best work and if you were to tell me the best album of all time I wouldn't argue.
>>
the guitar solo at the end of be my wife needed to last longer
it sounds so fucking good
it's up there with moonage daydream
>>
>>70342524
Absolutely, though I don't consider it his best. I'll take Station to Station, Ziggy, Scary Monsters, hell even Aladdin Sane over it.

But it definitely holds up, the production is still something else.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.