[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rune husk album cover.jpg (268KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rune husk album cover.jpg
268KB, 1200x1200px
Opinions on this?
>>
It was alright, better than that last album. I like the direction he's going with it, but the songs are pretty forgettable desu
>>
Better than innocence reaches but forgettable as hell. I think Kevin should call it quits desu. Saying that as a huge fan. He's been going downhill since hissing fauna. His music now is literally just the product of his influences through the Kevin filter, lacks any originality.
>>
>>70341770
He just released back to back come on

He either needs to take a break or his next one will be amazing

LIKE AUREATE GLOOM
>>
>>70341770
Personally I think Skeletal Lamping and Paralytic Stalks are several tiers above Hissing Fauna, some of the EPs too.
Aureate gloom was great too.
Really don't know why fans of straightforward synthpop like to talk doom and gloom about Kevin, he's evolving his sound just like pre-satanic and he will continue to change up his styles as usually, Sunlandic Twins was the culmination of everything previous and Paralytic Stalks summed up the Hissing Fauna - False Priest run, not as a big fan as Lousy but pretty excited for what's next bruh.
>>
>>70341819
Come on man you know half of aureate gloom was forgettable as hell. I like the direction he took with his sound but he's not making memorable songs. Maybe after he's been riding this style for a few years he'll do something of substance with it but for now it just feels kind of boring. His problem is he wants to be sperimental but he also wants commercial appeal so he's not taking chances, he's just jumping around genres trying to make it stick bc hissing fauna was his last big hit and at the time it was a big departure from what he was known for.
>>
>>70341947
Paralytic stalks high points shit on most of hissing fauna but it's just inconsistent. And some of the "avant garde" bits are just wank. Like the end of wintered debts.
>>
>>70342233
>Like the end of wintered debts
Only part that isn't pleasant and even then in fits in really well with the context of the album, it's an unpleasant pop journey about Kevin's love and hate for his wife and while it's hard to listen to the end of wintered debts is essential for the album.
Also other than the first few twee pop albums he has ALWAYS been changing his sound, satanic panic and sunlandic twins are completely different albums from their former and latter albums.
It's okay you don't like his new music as much, sometimes bands don't vibe as much as they used to but don't act like that means the artist isn't good anymore.
I would say Let's Relate, It's Different for Girls, My Fair Lady, Def Pacts, Chaos Appregiating, Nursing Slopes, and Trashed Exes are all memorable songs and those are the only song titles I can remember from the album other than gratuitous abysses (not a huge fan but still decent).

Might be a little different for me, I thought the album was at most decent until I saw it live, 10/10 would see inflatable trump penis shooting confetti again.
>>
>>70342339
It's different for girls pissed me off so much and I agree with the message of the song, but it's shit that goes without saying. Why you gotta write a song acting like there's an elephant in the room when the elephant has been addressed over and over and over and over.

It felt like a cash grab at buzzfeed idiots and alienated me as a fan. Just shallow as fuck.
>>
montreal is a shit run down city. felt like the economy ran dry in the 70s or something and they just stopped building shit. also super stuck up citizens. fucking terrible place.
>>
Pretty interesting production, I'm not sure if I preferred the earlier versions of the two tracks in the middle. I feel like Kevin needs to consolidate and work on the album craft for the next album. The last few have had solid moments but not really worked great as a unit, it seems like since Paralytic Stalks (one of my favourite few albums ever) they're just throwing tracks together without as much thought for how they work as a cohesive unit when that's always been one of the main strengths of of Montreal as a project. Innocence Reaches felt like two different very good EPs put together on shuffle and I agree with >>70342438 about It's Different For Girls, one of the weakest oM tracks ever (coming from someone who's listened to a fucking lot of oM), though I wouldn't necessarily take it at face value.
>>
>>70342438
Not a big fan of it but was saying it is memorable.

Also my interpretation of it is a bit different and might very well be incorrect but I see it as tongue in cheek.
Kevin is kind of an asshole and even though he is definitely for equal rights he has in the past talked about how much he hates feminists and related groups in his lyrics.

Lot of them are obviously him being serious but lines like
>They don't have to size up every person they meet
>Or create an elite
>Or poison the game so no one else can compete
Our things things young women generally tote around as being correct but are completely false, women do many of the same things as men.
I see this song (probably completely falsely) as a parody because lots of these things are NOT different for girls.
>>
>>70342339
I'm not saying he's not good anymore, I'm just saying that he has the potential to do much better if he would just take the time to piece together the great parts into one album rather than trying to keep up his release schedule. His best works are always a few years apart imo. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it because looking back a lot of the in between ep's are forgettable. Idk man I'm a Kevin Stan I just want another mind blowing album so anything less is a disappointment.
Also v jealous of you seeing them live. What was the set list like?
>>
>>70342754
Set list was almost the entire album with a few songs cut out (notably chaos arpeggiating) with a lot of fauna, some sunlandic (party crashing us and I was never young) and one or two songs from skeletal lamping.
This time was a bit different because he kind of rushed things, he shortened songs if they had slower parts and kept everything VERY upbeat the entire time, kind of in a medley way.
Was pretty interesting, he cut It's Different for Girls short and at the end he came back full circle to it.
Oh and he came on stage in a bodybag growling deathmetal murmurs in the mic, 10 min in you heard a synth note and Kevin bursting out the bag dressed as a woman.

I agree about the EPs, have never been his strong suit. Usually just loosely related songs that are leftovers from completed and attempted projects, usually net one or two good songs but nothing to get butthurt over.
Music is really different when you are in a live setting, Aureate gloom is funner live and Lousy was made for live performance, studio and live don't compare for Lousy at all.

I think he's getting better with this rock vibe and we will probably see one more album with it much more refined, and then we will see a new era of albums with a different approach.
>>
>>70342915
That's what I'm hoping for. A rock album with fauna level songwriting and hooks. My real dream is him taking all of his knowledge now and going back and releasing strange lofi shit like the second half of early four track recordings but I know that will never happen. Strangely for me that album is one of the highlights of his Discog. Most people hate it though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.