[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of using high quality headphones for music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1476673444927.jpg (88KB, 1097x791px) Image search: [Google]
1476673444927.jpg
88KB, 1097x791px
What is the point of using high quality headphones for music? There's literally no difference than earbuds in my opinion.
>>
I wanna know this as well, since I'm considering buying a good pair of headphones to replace my good pair of earbuds but not sure if it's necessary and i'm pisspoor too so there is that
>>
It's so you can say you're cool for having expensive stuff.
>>
If you are listening to shitty music the is no difference. You might as well use tin cans connected with string. If there is are multiple instruments with balanced production that demonstrate a range of voice and timbre then god tier headphones are a must. If you don't now what I'm talking about then go get some pork'n beans and some string cause you listen to shitty music.
>>
Good headphones are really only going to shine when listening to higher quality music files. I typically use mp3 320 because FLAC files are way bigger and have diminishing returns as far as quality.
>>
this is only true if you listen to music off youtube or some shit like that
>>
>>70339911
If you are a pleb, there isn't one. If you listen to music for any reason other than the simple pleasure of it, there isn't one. If you don't listen to music very often, there isn't one. If you enjoy listening to music, you know the answer to this question.They literally sound objectively better. Its like the difference between standard definition and high definition. If you don't have a trained enough ear to tell the difference, you either don't have a trained ear or you have some weak link in your setup. More likely you don't have the ear though because just about any modern sound card is capable of producing high enough fidelity to cause a clear difference between a n average pair of earbuds and a decent pair of headphones.
>>
if you ever hear decent headphones, you will know why, and you won't be able to go back
>>
>>70339911
Listen to a good setup with the right songs and you will understand.

Payed just shy of $400 for my portable hifi setup and its totally worth it.
>>
>>70339911
high quality headphones =/= beats
Get some real headphones faggot.
>>
>>70340055
Basically beats owners....
>>
>>70340161
Why not just use MP3 v0?
>>
>>70339911
they sound better

I know this is bait and you're just gonna say all headphones are shit and only an audiophile speaker set up is good, but there is still a drastic difference between stock earbuds and even moderately-priced open headphones
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.