[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music is subjective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1461223424271s.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1461223424271s.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
Music is subjective
>>
yeah I mean no one can fucking agree on a definition of music
>collection of organized sounds made by humans
ok well people have been pushing the boundaries into random chance noises for quite awhile now
>>
File: image.gif (858KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
858KB, 320x288px
>>70333364
>>
I disagree
>>
File: 1461237074917.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461237074917.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>70333650
That's your subjective opinion
>>
>>70333364
Says you!
>>
>>70333364

Objectively incorrect btw
>>
File: tumblr_lv5cd3cI1L1qm0jrz.gif (171KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lv5cd3cI1L1qm0jrz.gif
171KB, 500x296px
music taste is subjective

subjectivity is objective
>>
all music is good because music is good in concept
>>
>>70333401
That's weird tho.

Music has transcended definition and it's just vibrations but every sound is a vibration so you can't just call it that. You also can't call it organized bc as you said, "people have been pushing the boundaries into random chance noises for quite awhile now" You also can't just say "It's a set of vibrations made for enjoyment of the listener" because several bands (Like Ween) have gone out of their way to make annoying music. Google says "Vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion." The definition of Harmony is "The combination of simultaneously sounded musical notes to produce chords and chord progressions having a pleasing effect." but that disproves Google's definition of music because as I said earlier "Bands have gone out of their way to make annoying music" So does that just mean that any Avant-Garde music isn't music or that music has become so varied that it's transcended definition?
>>
>art kids
but what does art MEAN
thats what I'm really about like who decides what ART.........ISSSSSS

god this is such a stupid fucking vapid endless discussion

the meaning of art doesn't fucking matter
if you want intelligent philosophical discourse on ideas of beauty, A E S T H E T I C S

you're all shallow entry level plebs

FUCK
>>
>>70334296
>transcended
hhmm

no
>>
>>70334296
>chord progressions having a pleasing effect
there is more than one kind of pleasing
that doesnt mean major chords harmonious consonant whatever
anything and EVERYTHING can be pleasing depending on the INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCE PRETENSES CIRCUMSTANCES ENVIRONMENT WHATEVER

I like harsh noise. I also like pleb acoustic indie shit. And heavy metal. and 80s synthy jazz, fucking whatever

all are different varities of pleasing depending on a lot of external factors for my experience alone, now consider that for each individual person

definitions will only hold you back
>>
>>70334296
>So does that just mean that any Avant-Garde music isn't music or that music has become so varied that it's transcended definition?
fucking moron

christ, think for yourself
>>
stfu footboy
>>
>>70334866
But if I did that I would have to come up with reasons of why I support it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.