[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorit Bowie Albums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

>He's still gone, the pain hasn't gone away.

What are your favorite Bowie albums Anons? Live, studio, compilation whatever you want.

Man Who Sold The World
Hunky Dory
Rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust
David Live
Young Americans
Station to Station
Low
"Heroes"
Lodger
Scary Monsters
Let's Dance
1.Outside
Heathen
Next Day
Black Star
>>
Everything from the first album to Diamond Dogs is GOAT then he lost me until the soundtrack to the Ziggy Stardust motion picture was released.

Also everything he released under the name David Jones is GOAT!
>>
Listening to Low right now, it's great.

I started with Ziggy Stardust because my dad would tell me that he would sit in front of his record player with headphones on listening to music all the time to clear his mind from his four sisters and absent parents. Every time he would mention something new about his room, such as his black light and his posters of Bowie, Yes, Fleetwood Mac and more. Bowie was always his favorite, the only albums he missed were while raising me and my siblings. Ziggy was his favorite but he also recommend that I listen to Low and Hunky Dory.

Sorry for the blog post.
>>
side A of diamond dogs is godly
>>
most of you pre-teens onIy cared about him after he died
>>
David Live is best live album
>>
File: BowieRanking.jpg (841KB, 745x745px) Image search: [Google]
BowieRanking.jpg
841KB, 745x745px
Here's my official (tm) rankings of the albums. Ordered best to worst.

First 12 - 10/10
Ziggy-"Heroes" - 9/10
Reality, Let's Dance, TND - 8/10
Hours and Outside - 7/10
Buddah - 6/10
S/T - 5/10
Never Let Me Down - Negative twenty.
>>
>>70328383
>Buddha
>6
How
>>
>>70328519
contrarianism
>>
>>70328359
You're correct. He was very obscure before his death.
>>
>>70328561
Isn't the album usually considered pretty weak?
How is that 'contrarian'?
>>
>>70328669
People just don't like it because
>m-muh classics
>bowie never did instrumentals after Low...Except all the instrumentals he did after Low
>>
If you haven't listened to a single Bowie album, and are reading this post right now, go listen to Station To Station. It's so easily his best.
>>
>>70328826
Nah
Go listen to Never Let Me Down
It's considered his best, this contrarian fuck is being ironic
>>
>>70328779
Dude 2 of his 90s albums are in my top 5.
And I loved the instrumentals on Black Tie.

I'm not ranking it low because it's not a 'classic'.
>>
>>70328826
Who the fuck hasn't listened to a Bowie album?
>>
>>70328779
A 6 is an above average ranking. I don't understand what your so upset about.
>>
>>70329147
7 is mediocre, 8 is good, 9 is great, and 10 is amazing. Anything below is a 0.
>>
What's the general thoughts on The Next Day? It just never clicked with me like Heathen did.
>>
>>70327008
David Bowie 5/10
Space Oddity 8/10
Man Who Sold The World 9/10
Hunky Dory 10/10
Ziggy Stardust 10/10
Santa Monica 72' 7/10
Aladdin Sane 9/10
Ziggy Stardust Motion Picture 8/10
Diamon Dogs 9/10
David Live 7/10
Young Americans 9/10
Station to Station 10/10
Low 10/10
"Heroes" 9/10
Stage 8/10
Peter and the wolf 6/10
Lodger 9/10
Scary Monsters 10/10
Baal 7/10
Let's Dance 8/10
Tonight 4/10
Never Let Me Down 3/10
Tin Machine 5/10
Tin Machine II 5/10
Oi Vey Baby! 4/10
Black Tie White Noise 6/10
Buddha of Suburbia 8/10
1.Outside 10/10
Earthling 7/10
Hours 6/10
Heathen 9/10
Reality 7/10
A Reality Tour 9/10
The Next Day 8/10
Black Star 10/10
>>
>>70327008
The only one I've listened to is Let's Dance.
>>
>>70329616
Fuck I didn't finish that reply lmoa. Fucking LOVE Let's Dance, but I should prob listen to more of his stuff.
>>
>>70329579
>Peter and the wolf
...That counts...?
Tin Machine I get but...
..That counts/???
>>
>>70329472
The Next Day Extra is one of my favorite Bowie albums, it has quite a lot of 10/10 and the flow of the album is great, although I'd like to have the bonus section end the same the Deluxe version did. I'll Take You There definitely should have been the closing track on the bonus songs.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.