[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Remember that time when David Bowie sold out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: LETS.jpg (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
LETS.jpg
44KB, 300x300px
Remember that time when David Bowie sold out?
>>
yeah, but Modern Love is his best song
>>
After making some of the most amazing experimental rock records of all time with Low and Heroes, he deserves to sit back and rake in the money off some radio hits.
>>
>Not liking Lets Dance just for some fun
>>
>>70325159
literally nothing wrong with that record though.
>>
>>70325159
who does he want to fight there?
>>
>>70325159
Still a solid 8/10
>>
>>70325284
You
>>
>>70325284
OP
>>
Yes, and death was his penance for doing so.
>>
>>70325235
>After making some of the most amazing experimental rock records of all time
LMFAO next joke
>>
>>70325353
I could take him
>>
>>70325669
of course you could, he's dead
>>
but what would u do without your little china girl
>>
most of you pre-teens only cared about him after he died
>>
>>70325159
Side A is literally flawless, Side B is still pretty good

Just cos its popular doesn't mean its bad
>>
>>70325563
Low, Station to Station snd Lodgerc ertainly were
>>
>>70327045
WHAT
>>
>>70325159
you can't really sell out if all you ever do is (great) conventional pop
>>
>>70325235
>experimental
I don't think you know the meaning of this word
>>
File: cmonop.jpg (2KB, 92x92px) Image search: [Google]
cmonop.jpg
2KB, 92x92px
>>70325159
>>70325563
>>
>>70325159
Sure don't.
>>
>>70325181
i have this weird thing where i claim to be a bowie fan, but i really only listen to a select number of his albums over and over, and ive legitimately heard that song on the radio before, had it stuck in my head, and didnt know it was Bowie
>>
>>70329770
>making a mainstream rock album where half the album is ambient instrumentals.

How is that not experimental? It doesn't have to be the highest peak of avant garde music ever created by mankind to be an experimental rock/pop record.
>>
>>70325159
No, I wasn't alive in 1967
>>
>>70330108
considering thats what brian ENO was doing prior to that album. it isn't experimental and nobody has yet to label it that also
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.