[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Hardcore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: the_shape_of_punk_to_come.jpg (266KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
the_shape_of_punk_to_come.jpg
266KB, 1000x1000px
This was a good album, but it wasn't the shape of punk to come at all. The genre this band played, Post-Hardcore, was just taken over completely by scenecore bands in the 00s.
I haven't heard about any good modern Post Hardcore albums that are influenced by great bands like Fugazi, NoMeansNo, Husker Du, At The Drive-In, etc etc

Prove me wrong, please
>>
true, that album influenced nu metal instead
>>
>>70314332
ironically i think this album influenced a lot of awful metalcore and pop punk scene bands more than anything else. it's really fucking good but it had a pretty bad influence. i always think of that paramore song that lifts from 'liberation frequency' and just kinda think, yup, way to go (altho i secretly enjoy paramore no homo)

anyways, mclusky was pretty gud
>>
File: Cover.jpg (388KB, 1429x1403px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
388KB, 1429x1403px
>scenecore is bad
can this meme just stop?
though the best band of the scene scene owes most of their style & lyrical themes to Refused
>>
>>70314431
shut the fuck up and delet or i swear to god i will find where you live and hurt you
>>
File: ca5e1651.jpeg.png (798KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ca5e1651.jpeg.png
798KB, 600x600px
>>70314332
Kind of cheating since this is a recent project by Justin Trosper of Unwound

By the way, although I enjoy that album, modern post-hardcore took a lot of cues from Refused. It got much more metallic as a direct result of them and Glassjaw. At the Drive-In being overproduced on their last album didn't help things either.

But, yeah, here's some 2000-onwards shit I like (some of it admittedly scenecore):
>The Blood Brothers
>mclusky/Future of the Left
>The Fall of Troy
>Envy
>Hot Snakes (Drive Like Jehu members)
>Bear vs. Shark
>Made Out of Babies
>Gospel
>Shipping News

Scenecore seems to have finally died. Although I think they're overrated, more tasteful bands like La Dispute, Touche Amore and Cloud Nothings have taken over the genre in the 2010s, which I'm fine with.

Also I think people have gotten too autistic with genre labels - shit like mathcore should qualify as post-hardcore in the most literal sense, and definitely have a lot of cross-appeal: Converge, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and Rolo Tomassi all have great releases in the 2000s.
>>
>>70314476
Thanks, I will check those bands out
>>
this is one of the only recent bands that i've had any interest in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FFapXNqlY
>>
https://youtu.be/A8qYbtRVNno?list=RDIwOPi8uyI2M

Will they come back /mu/ ?
>>
>>70314431
This. Nothing wrong with scenecore.

I have Unwound next to Pierce The Veil on my iPhone, sue me.
>>
Is there'a anymore stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4gcEXZrHr8
>>
File: 1482621708791.png (195KB, 706x630px) Image search: [Google]
1482621708791.png
195KB, 706x630px
>listens to Drive Like Jehu once
>>
>>70314843
As much as I love them, I don't think so. Dallas Green's solo project is pretty populair, Wade MacNeil is doing well with Gallows.
But still they've made some great things, their self-titled, old crows/young cardinals and the dogs blood ep are especially great
>>
>>70314914
yeah but it's basically a totally different style of music
a handful bands must have turned post-hardcore and metalcore into an autonomous genre with almost no ties to both metal and hardcore punk, but without adopting a new term or something else to clearly distance itself from its roots
i'm not sure who started that shift though

were attack attack! the first post-hardcore band to use autotune?

>>70315132
mostly reminds me of hawthorne heights i think
>>
>>70314373
What is some proto nu metal? What made fucks start rapping in metal
>>
>>70315603
Run-D.M.C, Faith No More, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine and Korn's debut album
>>
>>70315603
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rap_rock#Early_development_.281980s.29
>>
>>70315565
>i'm not sure who started that shift though
record labels
>>
>>70315508
Crisis is still the shit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.