[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-Hardcore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I'm really into bands like Defeater, Touche Amore, and La Dispute. I'm starting to listen to post-rock and different types of metal. Discussion and Recomendations based on the bands I listed is welcomed and appreciated.
>>
>>70302547
Favorite album by each artist
Wildlife by La Dispute
Travels by Defeater
Stage Four by Touche Amore
>>
>>70302547
travels over empty days & sleepless nights?

Do you like brand new?
>>
>>70302659
Yeah I really like Daisy and Devil & God. I like Travels a little better but Empty days is still great
>>
>>70302659
I really like the fact that all of Defeaters albums tie into one story.
>>
>>70302547
>I'm starting to listen to post-rock and different types of metal
Well, if this isn't too obvious, Converge and Jacob Bannon's post-rock Supermachiner side project would be up your alley.

And one of the best and most unique albums I've ever heard is Gospel's The Moon Is a Dead World, which is a good mix of proggy post-rock and hardcore. The Fall of Troy and Rolo Tomassi also have a metallic edge to them.

Other than that there's a shitload of post-hardcore from the late 80s through to 2001 to check out, but the sound might not be that familiar based on the bands you listed. Fugazi and Rites of Spring would be a good starting point, based on the bands you listed, but the genre is really an endless goldmine.
>>
>>70302807
Alright thanks man.
What albums would be good to start with from the artists you listed?
I've listened to some of Repeater by Fugazi
>>
No somos marineros, let me hear what you think of them.amigo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYsz7Wj6es8
>>
>>70302956
This is really good stuff.
>>
man up and listen to screamo.
Envy is pretty gud and it has a lot of post-rock influences
>>
>>70302908
Rites of Spring self-titled, then I'd just go through Fugazi's discography chronologically because they didn't make a bad album.

Converge - Jane Doe is a well-known classic, so is The Fall of Troy's Doppelganger to a lesser extent. And Rolo Tomassi's most recent album Grievances is probably their best
>>
>>70303102
Thanks man I'll check 'em out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.