[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

City Pop Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 61V15MBeFLL.jpg (81KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
61V15MBeFLL.jpg
81KB, 500x493px
Does /mu/ like City Pop? Post some good City Pop
>>
File: Flapper.jpg (68KB, 480x482px) Image search: [Google]
Flapper.jpg
68KB, 480x482px
>>70302092
Minako Yoshida - Flapper
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rfog3
>>
>>70302092
>>/jp/
>>
>>70302311
>>>/qa/ddit

>>70302092
Does "city pop" specifically refer to the kind of funk/soul-inspired pop music Japan put out in the late 70s? I don't know much of it. YMO pretty blew the entire scene out of the water.
>>
>>70302374
Any and all indie Japanese the past few years sounds the same. It's all city pop.

Does homecomings count?
https://youtu.be/d5KDwrzODX0
>>
>>70302092
Garbage
>>
>>70303121
Where's the soul?
>>
more like shitty pop amirite?
>>
File: otcstoshiki.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
otcstoshiki.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
My favorite
>>
>>70302374
>>70303121
>In the early 1980s, with the spread of car stereos, the term City Pop came to describe a type of popular music... a breezy, mellow mixture of smooth jazz and album-oriented rock – often with elements of jazz fusion, jazz-funk, or boogie – which appealed to an older and more affluent Japanese audience. Essentially a "mood" or "lifestyle" genre, its themes reflected a life of luxury in a sophisticated urban environment.
>>
>>70303216
Did you just quote Wikipedia?

>History has shown that pseudoscience can beat out facts, by relying on lies, slander, innuendo and numerical majorities to force their views on others. If this project gives equal validity to those who literally claim that the Earth is flat, or those who claim that the Holocaust never occurred, the result is that it will inadvertently legitimize and promote baseless and/or evil ideas.

>Wikipedia's neutrality policy certainly does not state, or imply, that we should or must "give equal validity" to minority (sometimes pseudoscientific) views. It does state that we must not take a stand on them as encyclopedia writers, but that does not stop us from describing the majority views as such and using the words of reliable sources to present strong criticisms. Fairly explaining the arguments against a pseudoscientific theory or verifiably describing the moral repugnance that people feel toward a notion is fully permitted by NPOV.
>>
>>70303121
no
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.