[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Minor Threat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 040blue.jpg (464KB, 1427x1412px) Image search: [Google]
040blue.jpg
464KB, 1427x1412px
Thoughts on Minor Threat?
>>
pretty ok
better than most of the 80s hc classics
>>
>>70301222
Pretension,Nikon friendship moo imp
>>
more fun than Fugazi
>>
>>70302110
nah
>>
>>70301222
Founder of straight edge... breaks edge,, makes sense . i was edge a few years ago and i remember reading about him breaking it. like how can you follow an idea when the founder cant even keep it clean
>>
>>70301222
I like their music. In My Eyes and Salad Days are my personal favorites. Their lyrics (like the lyrics of anyone else) don't matter to me. I prefer them to Fugazi, but I like Fugazi as well.

As far as hardcore punk goes, I feel they epitomized the sound and feel along with Bad Brains. Neither are as good as the Dead Kennedys musically.
>>
I like it because I like punk music.

If you like punk and all of her successors it's pretty essential. If you like indie rock it's kind of important to at least give it a listen. Don't really need to like it. If you like electronic music and hip-hop you don't even need to bother with it.
>>
>>70301222
out of step
>>
>>70302399
thanks mate, had not heard this one
>>
>>70302431
But Ian didn't break edge?
>>
>>70301222
They stuck around for exactly the right amount of time because their discog is 40 minutes long and is more great than bad
>>
>>70302431
straight edge was just a minor threat song that gay kids took too seriously
>>
>>70302431
Is this true? What does Ian even do now? Drink?
>>
>>70302431
I don't think he really meant for the idea to catch on - or rather for him to be a leader of any kind. he was just speaking his mind at the time

>>70302997
cool, it's surprisingly psychedelic and funky, always puts a smile on my face
>>
major band of a minor trend.

irrelevant if youre not into the genre and the general mindset.
>>
>>70301222
fantastic

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'M SORRY
>>
Great band!
Never put out a bad record!
Knew when to quit while they were ahead!
>>
>>70303037
yes he did sir. he doesn't even like the idea if you watch him in interviews he just bashes the scene and the kids who follow it as a way of justifying him breaking edge
>>
>>70303181
yeah thats what i think he went back to . How dumb , might as well get high or something
>>
>>70303191
that is true it was just a song and he himself was shocked how it blew up. i guess he was on board for it for a while
>>
>>70305529
From my understanding he only disassociated himself with the edge movement. I'm fairly sure that he still refrains from indulging in the use of drugs and alcohol.
>>
>>70305756
i sure hope you are right!
>>
>>70305529
bullshit
>>
>>70306457
prove it
>>
>>70306488
https://youtu.be/Quqgdx09xRc
>>
DONT SMOKE
DONT DRINK
>>
>>70306565
WHAT DO YA DO?
>>
I like him. His movement was libertarian in nature. He was saying that he didn't get why people HAD to do drugs to be "punk", and that he PERSONALLY didn't get the point of drugs, not that no one should ever do drugs. Modern sXe fags took a punk movement and made it anti-punk.
>>
>>70306617
FUCKING THINK
>>
>>70304438
nazis please leave
>>
>>70301222
Fugazi much better
>>
Good music, but they paved the way for punk becoming easily offended neoliberals who think they're tough because they wear Docs
>>
>>70301222
bad
>>
>>70301222
Their songs have fucking insane energy

I mess with it
>>
>>70301222
Just downloaded Complete Discography
Found them a few months back by searching "Filler" on YouTube out of boredom
Pretty good, just wish their songs were a bit longer but it still works
>>
>>70301222
essential punk album

Ian is a god
>>
>>70301222
ian is that gay abstinence only kid from high school who drank beer once and didn't like the taste so now he hates everyone who drinks beer

/mu/s hc god is in a fucking indie band now
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.