[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How musically feminine are you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Genres by femininity.png (1009KB, 1904x4299px) Image search: [Google]
Genres by femininity.png
1009KB, 1904x4299px
>Femininity sorts the genres by what percentage of each genre's self-identified male/female listeners self-identify as female.
>The genres at the top are the ones with the highest ratio of female listeners to male, and the ones at the bottom are the most dominantly male-not-female.

>The most feminine genre by this measure is Teen Pop, which is rather stereotype-reinforcing, but the second one is the fanfic-pop genre Wrock, which I'm pretty sure you didn't expect, because statistically you probably didn't know that there's Wizard Rock to begin with, let alone that they call it "Wrock" for short, never mind that the Hermiones have more tolerance for it than the Harrys.

>The least-feminine genres at the bottom of the list are a roiling quagmire of auralized testosterone, the last 15 all explicitly involving death or brutality or brutal death or deathly brutality or grinding. I'm thinking I should really rename Djent to "Brutal Deathdjent Grind" just so it fits in better.

>This data reveals that, at the moment, 72 genres skew more female than male, and 1363 skew more male than female. Only 9 genres have more than 60% female listeners, while 188 have more than 60% male listeners.

http://everynoise.com/everynoise1d.cgi?scope=all&vector=femininity
>>
My top 5 most listened to genres according to rym are Black Metal, Atmospheric Black Metal, Dungeon Synth, Progressive Metal, and Death Metal. Pretty damn masculine desu.
>>
>>70300190
It's amusing that two of the biggest blocs on /mu/ are the k-pop faggots and the metalheads; respectively the girliest and manliest collections of genres.
>>
Some jazz is feminine and some jazz is masculine, apparently.
>>
Chiptune so near the bottom

Now that's a guilty pleasure
>>
>>70300118
Vaporwave surprisingly near the bottom at #1130

I guess women don't like memes
>>
What the fuck is indiecoustica?
>>
>>70301107
http://everynoise.com/engenremap-indiecoustica.html
>>
>>70300118
This list is fucking trash because djent is rated as second-most masculine.
>>
>>70300118
>72 genres skew more female than male, and 1363 skew more male than female

Women confirmed for basic fucking bitches who won't experiment with their tastes.
>>
>>This data reveals that, at the moment, 72 genres skew more female than male, and 1363 skew more male than female
>>
>>70302810
Because no female-owned accounts on spotify listen to djent
>>
>>70302887
I suspected /mu/ would get excited about that interpretation.

It definitely works as an explanation, although there is no actual evidence that it is true (or the sole truth). The programmer who maintains the dataset that generates these lists suspects that male-oriented music is divided into more genres (e.g. metal is a very male-oriented genre and has many more stylistic subdivisions than k-pop or whatever), for instance, which would mean that most female listeners would be bunched up into very large, broad categories which they dominate, like "pop" and "r&b," while male listeners would be spread across a much larger number of smaller, more esoteric sub-sub-sub-genres like djent and mathcore.

Of course, if that's the case, it could suggest a similar conclusion to yours: that men are more interested in dividing themselves into many similar but distinct scenes, while women are happier fitting into a larger group, almost as if "men want to be unique" while "women want to be the same." Given the existing social roles of men and women, I could see that being the case.
>>
wtf i hate women now
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.