[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I write good melodies? how do I write good music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

how do I write good melodies?
how do I write good music?
>>
>>70285786
firstly you need to stop posting shitty memes on 4chan
>>
>>70285786
Copy old, obscure melodies (or sample them)
>>
with your hand, like the following:
>>
ya gotta believeeee
SERIOUSLY LISTEN TO ME
if 1% of all the talentless hacks just decided to write brutally honest music that they just thought sounded like it came from their soul, then the world would be a more beautiful place. Fuck marketability man. Go on a keyboard and try to find out what you like. Be patient.
Love,
Andrew
>>
>>70285786
How 2 make it n da musikk gayme

Step 1- Look like a niqqa but not actually be one nawimean gotta act like a foo but not be a foo ya fell meh

Step 2- Thick bitches love thick accents nawimean rap shite in some obscure langauge that way it sounds dope and no one can call you out how shallow your music is

Step 3- Sell out like a gay nigga nawimean just be yoself ya fell me
>>
>>70285883
thanks, andrew
>>
>>70285786
Git. Gud.
>>
>>70286237
how do I git gud tho
>>
>>70285883
i love you
>>
>>70285786
just express yourself
>>
>>70285835
is this true?

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I think I have what it takes to convey an aesthetic I'm trying to put across.

The problem is I can't write a melody worth a god fucking damn that isn't recylced from somewhere else. Paul McCartney just seemed to shit fresh melodies. How did he do it? I can't hum without humming bullshit.
>>
>>70286445
write music that comes from your heart
>>
>>70286445
>>70286509
gay
>>
>>70285786
Unconscious plagiarism after deep immersion in the music of Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson.
>>
>>70285786
>>70288927
Plus: accept that you'll get maybe one good song out of a hundred you create.
>>
I've never written an original melody in my life but no one seems too bothered by it
>>
>>70289160
have you written any good melodies tho?
>>
>ywn wake up and see her qt face right besides you

suffering
>>
You stalk a guy (a white or a hispanic, blacks don't sound as good and women and Asians just sound whiny) to his house, knock him out when no one is around, rape him, record the sounds he makes and tell everyone it's a musical instrument you made and you can't show because you promised your great grandmother.
>>
>>70289170
I guess that's debatable...they sound good to me and maybe the five people who listen to it but you need to be less concerned about that and more concerned about your aesthetic because believe it or not that's what people are actually basing their enjoyment off of, largely. For instance, a melody can appear within the context of numerous different genres (let's just say, for example, death metal, indie folk, and synthpop) but that melody will only ever be appealing to the respective fans of that genre/vibe. Also take a look at some of the more popular songs and albums (both in the online communities and the world at large) and it's all pretty derivative these days. What is getting people excited is the imagery and narrative which surrounds modern artists. You can be extremely talented but largely unappealing to anyone and the trick is you need to appear to be interesting
>>
File: 68a.jpg (29KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
68a.jpg
29KB, 400x366px
>>70289226
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.