[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This would be a good album if you took away the cheesy, angsty lyrics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (103KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 953x953px
This would be a good album if you took away the cheesy, angsty lyrics
>>
AND DOESNT IT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
THE PIGS HAVE WON TONIIIGHT
>>
>>70279583
they work in context tho
>>
>>70279583
its already a good album though
>>
>>70279634
this
>>
I always thought that the pathetic, melodramatic feel of the lyrics always did a good job of capturing exactly how pathetic and melodramatic people in situations like his situation back then often end up looking/or feeling.

That being said,

>listening to music for the lyrics
>letting lyrics get in the way at all
>>
>>70279583
fact: the only people who criticize this album for its lyrics once identified with its sentiments and are now ashamed of that phase
>>
>>70279778
this. i love this album, and loved it as a 14-15 yr old. makes me kinda cringe when i listen to the lyrics on tracks like heresy, but its kinda unfair of me to project my own insecurities on such as well made fucking album
>>
>>70279634
You can say this is where Trent peaked lyrically too
>>
The lyrics are great, and a lot of people on /mu/ don't seem to get the genius of it. The lyrical themes are so raw and primal, the type of stuff that a real depressed person would write in their notebook in all it's pathetic wallowing and struggle. It's the simplicity of it all that makes it have such a strong impact.
>>
its alright trent just make a new one
>>
>>70279583
I still think this is NIN's best album right up there with Pretty Hate Machine.

If you want something to bitch about listen to korn
>>
File: drawing feels.png (303KB, 469x451px) Image search: [Google]
drawing feels.png
303KB, 469x451px
>>70279583
>when you really like the lyrics and can still relate to them because of events in your own life but have enough self-awareness to realize how cringey that is so you turn the album off and listen to something else

thank you for putting this into words guys, I couldn't quite grasp before why this album made me so uncomfortable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.