[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LP3 when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: album_fleet_foxes.jpg (145KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
album_fleet_foxes.jpg
145KB, 550x550px
LP3 when?
>>
DIS YEAR NIGGA
>>
>>70276507
GET HYPE
>>
>>70274840
In november Robin was saying on facebook that it's "almost done". And some venue in Ireland announced that they were playing there in June/July (can't remember) and Robin confirmed they're doing a world tour around then.

So ... this year ... before the summer. Pretty hyped t b h
>>
>>70274840
I am so ready
>>
>>70277040
also it has this cover and apparently is a concept album
>>
>>70277318
Wtf is that a piece of cauliflower
>>
File: Lp3.jpg (51KB, 587x461px) Image search: [Google]
Lp3.jpg
51KB, 587x461px
>>70277318
uh no, according to robin's instragram the cover is pic related and the album title is Ylajali
>>
File: RobinInstragram.png (148KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
RobinInstragram.png
148KB, 640x354px
>>70277460
>>
File: Capture.png (1B, 486x500px)
Capture.png
1B, 486x500px
>>70277460
>>70277488
that might be a single. the pic I posted was uploaded to their facebook and the other info I got from wikipedia, pic related.

I don't really know t b h friend
>>
>>70277673
I stand corrected
>>
>>70274840
Hopefully never
>>
File: H9hkG4a.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
H9hkG4a.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
So, what do you think it's going to sound like? I remember the band saying they're going to be different to anything they've done before.
>>
>>70278083
some chump on reddit I found:

>After getting a few short teases on instagram it sounds a lot like the band is pushing away from its traditional vocal-driven harmonies and moving towards a more bassy, maybe more synthesizer-based sound. Robin confirmed it'll be kind of soul folk but I'm wondering if anyone has any guesses since the album could be released anytime in the very near future since touring begins in May.
Pictures suggest they'll still retain the use of large groups of instruments (violins, upright bass and other orchestral string sections) but maybe dropping the flutes, slide guitar and brass sections they used on Fleet Foxes (very folksy and organic) and Helplessness Blues (less folksy but more full).
5 years is a long time to go between albums and I doubt more of the same would be satisfying for Robin as a songwriter but that's just an opinion and I'm curious if anyone else agrees.
Pls respond with literally any thoughts, I've found no discussion of what people think anywhere except instagram comments which aren't super structured.
>>
>>70278253
Damn Soul-Folk sounds pretty appealing to me right now
>>
>>70278303
also apparently Robin said he wanted to make more songs like The Shrine / An Argument: "scenic, episodic."

Also apparently the first track is inspired by Breaking Bad

I don't really know what to believe
>>
my body is ready
>>
File: aaa3.png (283KB, 421x503px) Image search: [Google]
aaa3.png
283KB, 421x503px
>>70278023
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 376x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 376x375px
>>70278414
>The Shrine / An Argument
>Breaking Bad

uhwut
>>
>>70281594
Dyslexia should be a crime punishable by death.
>>
>>70278253
>>70278414
I know he's said it's gonna be more "oceany" as apposed to how "woodsy" the first two albums were.

I know that sounds kinda dumb but a few of the snippets he's posted do sound oceany if that makes any sense.
>>
>>70278303
right?

i just want it to be more...quiet. eerily sinister like the FF, less ornamented and confessional like HB
>>
>>70282437
i was agreeing with you boyo
>>
>>70283867
Now he tells me!
>>
File: billy balls.png (103KB, 310x266px) Image search: [Google]
billy balls.png
103KB, 310x266px
>>70283902
>>
>>70282662
that does make sense

For some reason I have a gut feeling it will suck, but I hope not
>>
>>70283947
Really? I've had a gut feeling that it'll be pretty monumental for them, and that's not just me being a fanboy. Just from the glimpses it all seems very forward thinking in a way that no one else is really doing right now. In the years since Helplessness Blues they've all seemed to cultivate an interest in fairly avant-garde kind of material, and yet we know they're at the top of their game when it comes to their pop-ish sensibilities. I could see them bridging those two sides in a really neat way that'll win over a lot of the people who have written them off as some boring indie folk group.

but really that's all just kinda pulled out of my ass but I swear my AOTY senses are tingling.
>>
>>70282662
i know what you mean about those snippets. can't tell if its just the phone recording or not but i couldn't quite put my finger on what was distinctly different about how they sound compared to their other shit.

im ready for the fox water
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.