[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fiio album art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Ct4VMWVVMAAlruN.jpg-medium.jpg (46KB, 583x513px) Image search: [Google]
Ct4VMWVVMAAlruN.jpg-medium.jpg
46KB, 583x513px
I recently purchased a Fiio x5 to replace my Ipod Classic as it is filling up and i needed to add bunch of album art again because its a shame to have that high resolution screen and not have a good picture a long with it, but i noticed that once i had tagged a significant amount of albums from artists up through the letter D that my Itunes library (which i'm still using for other management things) had increased by 8 gigs of used space. thats a huge potential of wasted space just on album covers that almost defeats the point of having a Fiio. There must be a way around this since Itunes is able to provide an image for the files without increasing their size seemingly. Is there a certain program I can get high resolution art work without increasing file size? i've been using mp3tag to add in artwork, also, is there a way. Also if there is an alternative, is there a way to remove the high space tag from the music files?
>>
>>70271416
>buys a fiio
>listens to music in .mp3 format and not .flac or .ogg
wew lad

also I use easytag. I don't see how your library increased by 8 gigs unless you used super-high resolution pictures for your album covers and/or have like 1TB of music. Think about it dude you're adding data to the music file (in the form of an image), no shit the file is going to be bigger
>>
>>70271416
I've never used a Fiio, by most likely it supports using cover art in the older with an album. Just keep the images in the folders with the music and clear the image tags on everything.
>>
>>70271416
>I recently purchased a Fiio x5
you fucking faggot. we told you guys not to
>>
>>70271466

i have like 145 gb. i was using pictures 600x600 and above with most being around 1000x1000. simply redoing the tag should change the size right?
>>
>>70271555
I bet you're one of those fags who says "just use your smartphone XD"
>>
>>70271536

i haven't tried this, can anyone else with a fiio confirm?
>>
>>70271566
No but that would be a better choice. Just buy a separate phone solely for your music collection. I don't see the problem.
>>
File: 1294345943793.jpg (13KB, 246x245px) Image search: [Google]
1294345943793.jpg
13KB, 246x245px
>>70271536
holy fuck my autocorrect butchered this post
>>
>>70271676
>"dude why would you buy a camera? just use your smartphone XD"
jack of all trades master of none. I wouldn't expect a peasant like you to care about quality, since you just stream music on your phone and listen through stock earbuds. Enjoy killing your battery after 5 hours of listening too

fucking casual
>>
>>70271774
>"dude why would you buy a camera? just use your smartphone XD"

>straw manning this hard

>since you just stream music on your phone and listen through stock earbuds.
nope. I have a 160 gb ipod classic. I don't see anything wrong with using a SEPARATE phone for music though.
>>
>>70271466

what resolution images do you use for your tags?
>>
File: desertshore.jpg (207KB, 1000x984px) Image search: [Google]
desertshore.jpg
207KB, 1000x984px
>>70271800
>straw manning this hard
the same logic applies. While a phone is capable of playing music it's not as good as a dedicated device.

>>70271907
here is an example of the file I used to tag an album. This file is ~220kb, so let's say 220kb per image, 12 songs an album...even with 1,000 albums tagged that's about 2.2gb of data added

the file in the same folder as an album will work for albums, but what if you want to make a playlist? Are you really going to sit there and add do all that work?
>>
>>70271416
why the fuck would you buy a dedicated portable music player in the year 2017

just get an android phone with a high quality dac and an sd card

>>70271774
>I wouldn't expect a peasant like you to care about quality
please tell me in detail what makes your fiio superior to a smartphone with a wolfson dac
>>
File: daffy_duck.png (564KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
daffy_duck.png
564KB, 719x719px
>>70272279
>please tell me in detail what makes your fiio superior to a smartphone with a wolfson dac
>battery life
>physical buttons
>device can be used as a DAC for your computer
>music is read from (easily swap-able) micro SD cards, not all smartphones have removeable micro SD cards
>cheaper than a smartphone
>"haha dude it's the current year why would you do something that I do not do?"
because OP doesn't strive for mediocrity, and "it's good enough" doesn't cut it
>>
>>70272204

i actually havent gotten around to doing playlists yet, but i think i'll just keep my ipod for that

do you have any idea why my album tags went apeshit? bc i probably only added about 200 albums so far. is the picture size the same but file size much bigger somehow?
>>
>>70272340
>quality
is the specific thing the guy I replied to mentioned, presumably sound quality, which is what I would like to hear about, in some detail
>>
>>70272204
>the same logic applies. While a phone is capable of playing music it's not as good as a dedicated device.
No it doesn't. It's an unfair comparison. A phone camera is nowhere near as good as a professional camera. That's straw manning.
>>
>>70272204
>While a phone is capable of playing music it's not as good as a dedicated device.
that depends on both the device and the phone

it's quite common now to find smartphones that equal music players (especially cheaper ones like fiio) in audio quality

even when they don't, portable dac/amp combos are pretty common, and a more economical choice if you already have a smartphone

cameras are a different story, due to physical limitations in the size of a phone, and there being no easy practical way to upgrade a phone's camera like you can with audio
>>
>>70272340

^
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.