[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mu/ feel about Sleigh Bells?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Sleigh_Bells_-_Treats.png (165KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sleigh_Bells_-_Treats.png
165KB, 300x300px
How does /mu/ feel about Sleigh Bells?
>>
I like this record good noise pop everything else sux
>>
>>70253281
pretty much this. Treats is great, but just listen to their latest, wtf

anyone knows of similiar albums to treats though?
>>
the noise is really nice but sometimes it gets a bit too sugary for me. i rate s/t though like the other folks in this thread
>>
>>70253194
part of that early 10s release of decent music that ended up having shitty 2nd albums
>>
I like
>>
>>70253320

I really liked their latest - much better than number 2 and 3. What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>70253506
I agree, it's more tryhard than Treats but still p good, 2nd & 3rd were trash
>>
>>70253194
Treats is one of my favorite pop albums of the decade. Literally everything else in their discography is flaming garbage though
>>
I love Treats and I unironically love a few songs off of Reign of Terror and Bitter Rivals.
>>
>>70253281
>>70253320
>>70253376
>>70253506
>>70253559
>>70253671
Treats is GOAT-tier and I get the hate for Bitter Rivals and their latest but their 2nd, Reign of Terror, was a pretty good album despite being totally inferior to Treats.
>>
>>70256118
This. 2nd album was good desu.
>>
I wish their songs were all as good as Tell 'Em and Infinity Guitars
>>
>>70253194
>>70253506
Not him but I think they've tried to be way too fancy with every album post-Treats, instead of sticking to the simplistic in-your-face formula that suited them so well. It kind of worked with RoT, which is decent despite being not so great relative to Treats, but after that, they've just tried to do too much with Alexis and not enough with Derek IMO. In Treats Alexis' voice seemed like another instrument, a nice soft sweet contrast to Derek's loud/obnoxious/cool sounding noises. In everything after she became too much of a singer, and her lyrics became way wordier, and Derek's music backing her became too soft while also too complex. Another bad thing about the greater focus on lyrics and the singing is that the lyrics always sound so childish. It worked wonderfully for Treats but they kind of seem really silly and juvenile on BR/JR.

They're fun live but man, every release they've had for years has been such a disappointment.
>>
>>70254838
Same. JR has a good song here and there too. All of their albums are decent. It's just none have the magic that Treats, and to a lesser degree Reign of Terror, had.

Reading this, it doesn't sound like we'll get anything like Treats again though: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/sleigh-bells-talk-selfish-new-lp-suing-demi-lovato-w440354

>"The guy that made Treats would hate Jessica Rabbit," says Sleigh Bells guitarist Derek Miller with an almost uncomfortable laugh. "But fuck that guy!" Miller continues. "Fundamentally it's not who I am. My ears need something very different now."

>The guy that made Treats, I'm a very different person. I was in a state of shock and denial reeling from a ton of shit. That record for me is sort of a numbness. That was the whole point: to bludgeon you into numbness. I didn't want to feel anything. Reign of Terror does a similar thing. Sonically it's almost identical. There's more of a cartoonish misery on that record. It's way over the top. It's all bold strokes, which I like. But it's different now. A lot of that shit is years behind me. I had shut down as a pure survival instinct. That's what you do in a state of shock: You turn into a robot so you can put one foot in front of the other. And now it's OK for me to feel shit. At this point it's been seven or eight years so it's OK when a vocal of hers makes me feel something.
>>
>>70256560
>I despise hearing this come out of artist's mouths but it was a natural progression [laughs]. We've been talking about this from the beginning, actually. Treats, I wrote that record. Reign, she did a little more. Bitter Rivals even more. Now this is truly an even-split songwriting partnership. I don't want to write melodies anymore. I can only write really simple, dumb caveman melodies and it worked really well on Treats. But that's not me anymore.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.