[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

paris 1919

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: john-cale-paris-1919-1024x1005.jpg (166KB, 1024x1005px) Image search: [Google]
john-cale-paris-1919-1024x1005.jpg
166KB, 1024x1005px
Anons, what are your excuse for not listening to this?
He's so underappreciated, stop for a while and to this album and other from him too.
Next to Lou reed and David Bowie in sheer awesomeness
>>
I like Fear more. But Reed is better, Nico is better and Bowie is a thousand times better.
>>
>>70247581
I honestly think this album is better than anything Reed or Bowie ever came out with.
>>
i hated the Desertshore arrangements. Will I hate Paris 1919?
>>
>>70247722
They sound nothing alike.
>>
fantastic album
>>
File: 1.jpg (42KB, 745x327px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
42KB, 745x327px
>>70247590
should i listen to fear?
desu, after listening to this album it's kind of hard for me to listen to other albums
[spoiler]I really like this albums, don't want to feel let down for his other albums, if it bad[/spoiler]
>>
>>70247817
Fear is on par with it but a little different sounding. The rest of his stuff is a bit disappointing though.
>>
>>70247817
>>70247858
Fear was a real disappointment for me - I thought Vintage Violence was much better. This song is as good as anything on Paris 1919.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EF0vSV2-TI

Also check out Fragments of Rainy Season, great live album ending with what many consider to be the definitive version of Cohen's Hallelujah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinEKqtCDkg
>>
>>70247921
I like Vintage Violence. Slow Dazzle is an interesting one also.

For OP though, I think Fragments of Rainy Season would be the next album to listen to, since it's live and has all his greatest hits.
>>
File: fear cale.jpg (331KB, 922x915px) Image search: [Google]
fear cale.jpg
331KB, 922x915px
>>70247590
>>70247858
After listening to Fear, I hafta say that the album is more edgier than Paris 1919.
First song with the screaming
It's more guitar driven (which I like), can be hear in Gun.
Thanks for suggestion anons. Next > Fragment for Rainy season (stay tuned)
>>
>>70247581
I appreciate most songs, especially hanky panky but it's unbearably cheesy
>>
>>70247581
Great album OP I actually found an original of this for pretty cheap recently.
>>70247817
Listen to Animal Justice EP and Caribbean Sunset
Slow Dazzle is pretty great too, it sounds like he was going for Lou's sound a bit.
>>
File: and John Cale.jpg (78KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
and John Cale.jpg
78KB, 564x797px
Have his albums downloaded but only got round to listening to Fear so far, which is great. Especially the title track.

Favourite John Cale song is Summer Heat though from Sun Blindness Music
>>
File: slow-dazzle-547dfd32bf79b.jpg (309KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
slow-dazzle-547dfd32bf79b.jpg
309KB, 1000x1000px
>>70247858
this is slightly underrated imo, solid album
>>
this is sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dL6BgOEIbc
>>
File: fragment of rainy.jpg (101KB, 1260x1260px) Image search: [Google]
fragment of rainy.jpg
101KB, 1260x1260px
Fragments of a Rainy Season
Solo Live album of John Cale.
Very impressive, instant fav for me. with piano playing that remind me of certain jazz pianist (not sure though)
filled with erratic piano playing
>>
other suggestion?
>>
>>70249195
Seconding this, which I reckon is better than Fear. It's about 70% this goofy classic rock and roll tribute/pastiche and then here and there veers into Velvets style darkness. I love the silly stuff (Ski Patrol!) and the violence is much tighter than on stuff like Helen of Troy
>>
File: IMG_6863.jpg (64KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6863.jpg
64KB, 500x497px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfVnC3h9FCQ

One of my favorites by him, though I can imagine a lot of people would hate it
>>
should I try to listen to compilation albums?
>>
>>70253355
The only one I know of is the Island Years, which is all the albums crammed together
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.