[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I write good melodies? how do I write good music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

how do I write good melodies?
how do I write good music?
>>
>>70224949
you start by not listening to hacks like halo

fuck that bitch for dumping opn
>>
good melodies are from
-decent(not obnoxious) repetition of patterns
-good spacing, dont be afraid of negative space
-intervals which complement (or are complemented by) fitting harmonies

good music is from luck or an intuition which has been honed over many years
>>
>>70224965
They were together? :O
>>
>>70224965
her music is good and lopatin has a cuckolding fetish
>>
>>70224949
For me I could easily up with a new chord structure then I imagine the voice singing over it, that'd be my melody

I've spent such a long time working on 7th chords and standards and whole tone scales everything I play sounds like it's from the 1930s

For me it's not how it's done, but to get anyone to care
>>
>>70226393
>I could easily up with a new chord
I come up with a new chord structure

This spell check turns it into new sentences
>>
Listen to music that's not well known yet and rip them off like the good ol' dadrock bands did.
>>
>>70224949
you can dedicate a whole life to that question. What may help is reading Ernst Kurth: music is only a chiffre for psychological processes, sound itself means nothing. You can't write a recipe for good melodies, it's your personality in the music that makes it interesting for others
>>
>>70228113
Burn in hell
>>
>>70224965
Was he dating her when he made R+7?
>>
ehrthdfhdrgdrgdrg
>>
>>70225093
you should become a teacher
summed up really well
would look sweet on a low effort powerpoint
>>
>>70224965
fuck you dude Dan's an autist
Halo's music clearly speaks for itself and can stand on its own, shes not a hack. its known that she comes from a family whose wealth is above average, but she clearly has her own focused ambitions. all 3 of her albums are quality in their own right.

the two artists dont even need to be brought up in conversation together nowadays

laurels shifted positions twice over and i admire it
>>70229189
they dated around the turn of the decade so its more likely he made Replica because of it but also OPn is really up his own ass. Laurel made Quarentine after they broke which was released in 2012.
>>
listen to a lot of stuff and plagiarize what you like subtly/fundamentally (try to dissect what you like and recreate it differently)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.