[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Beck_Morning_Phase.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Beck_Morning_Phase.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
This album is perfect, but it's mostly gold because it borrows themes of American folk/country, which I dont listen to much.

Any news on his newer album? Wow was a bit promising.
>>
>>70203656
You liked Wow?!! It was so, i know it's a stupid term, but it felt so sold out.
I liked MP but only because it's Sea Change 2. Not as much memorable songs though.
I hope his new album won't be just Foster the People with and old guy
>>
>>70204694
As a hit single, it's obviously gonna be a bit of a sell out. Especially since it got in a commercial.
Im saying the sound behind it was promising, although id be happy if beck never touched hip hop again. It does hint at some good alt rock however.
I got some love for FtP too, although i got no idea wtf they're doing atm.

Sea Change is great but I dont hear MP as part 2, it's a lot more country sounding and less gloamy. Also the instrumentation is far better on MP, everything blends together nicely.
>>
Beck fucking sucks. Thinks he's some sort of self proclaimed caretaker of Americana.

He's just shit when all is said and done.
>>
>>70204810
I'm gonna listen to MP now, you've got a point. Maybe it's better than i remember.
I remember i really liked the last 3 songs.
What's your fav album? The Information is his best imo, great mix of dark lyrics and atmosphere with some of his best melodies
>>
>>70204843

When did he proclaim that?
>>
>>70203656
He's one of my favorite songwriters, but I was tepid on Morning Phase and really didn't like Wow. I'm sure the new album will probably sound like Wow, so I'm not really looking forward to it. Hopefully he pulls it off

>>70204843
Bazookas and fisticuffs, meditating in Porsches
98-karat stickshift, Chinatown late night meals
Alfonzo giving me a backrub, 2 pm lazer bizzaginal rejuvenation

"americana"
>>
>>70204884
Last three songs are great. Country Down is solid and Waking Light concludes the album nicely with the electric guitar jam.
I only know a handful of beck albums, and the only ones I listen to consistently are MP and Sea change.
Ill try out the information.
>>
>>70204843
This might not make sense to you, but are you that guy who posts here all the time obsessing over how beck insults people in his songs, like the nitemare hippy girl?
>>
Mp is the only Beck album I've ever heard, but I think it's great.
>>
So I've only heard Mellow gold and Morning phase. The albums feel extremely different, I enjoyed the sound and style of Mellow Gold much more. What's his other stuff like?
>>
>>70205794
Hear Mutations and Sea Change next.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.