[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sex Pistoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Never Mind the Bollucks.jpg (48KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Never Mind the Bollucks.jpg
48KB, 736x736px
Is this really the 2nd most influential Pop Album ever released
>>
They suck really bad. The only thing they contributed to punk was the image/attitude. Their music was god-awful, and the Ramones are better in almost every way.
>>
I wouldn't even call that a pop album.

And no.
>>
File: 1481090929581.jpg (869KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
1481090929581.jpg
869KB, 1000x670px
>>70194159
This. The Ramones even had a cooler image.

Ripped jeans, T-shirts, and jackets > saftey pins, spikes, and piercings
>>
>>70194159
This
>>
>>70194115
It contains 2 of the best/most innovative pop songs of all time. I'd say fair enough
>>
>>70194191
It's one of the most corporate/manufactured punk albums of all time. They didn't even form naturally. They were "found" and assembled by somebody. Its definitely a pop record.
>>
>>70194257
Let me guess, God Save The Queen, and Holidays In The Sun? Or is it GSTQ, and Anarchy In The UK?
>>
The first is Taylor Swift's 1989, right?
>>
>>70194334
The second
>>
>>70194292
I don't think a corporate band would go down in flames with one of their band members killing his girlfriend and dying of a heroine over dose.
>>
>>70194419
Plenty of corporate artists lose their minds, or overdose and die young.
>>
>>70194115
Mate, how did you spell Pistols wrong? It's right there on the album cover.
>>
>>70194419
> band is manufactured to be edgy
> band becomes edgy
> edginess exceeded expectations
> the world never be the same

I have no problem with that.
>>
>>70194541
Is this the only time this has happened?

Also, while they were manufactured, they were manufactured by outsiders.
>>
>>70194115
Influencial? Maybe, see the thing is that sex pistols really brought punk to a forefront in the states. Are they good? No. Are the influencial? From a historical standpoint, yes. You'd have to understand how the music industry in the states was very much "anything goes" at the time, and the imagery meant more to the younger generation than the quality of the music.
>>
>>70194292
you're retarded
>>
>>70196485
>You'd have to understand how the music industry in the states was very much "anything goes" at the time, and the imagery meant more to the younger generation than the quality of the music.
The mentality of "anything goes" existed in the 60s too, but the quality of music was much better and the music recorded at that time was experimental and it often lacked commercial potential and more importantly, not all music wasn't made to be commercially successful.
https://youtu.be/KZazEM8cgt0
>>
I would say the second most influential punk album, sure. Pop? I don't know there's a lot of shit wayyyy more influential.

Sex Pistols are getting a lot of shit ITT though, am I an uber pleb if I actually kinda like this album?
>>
>>70197657
Definitely a stylistic attachment more than the music. Anybody who says "I love sex pistols for their music" is either tone-deaf or sarcastic.
>>
>>70197724
I mean, Sid didn't even play on the album and didn't play live very often. Not to mention that many punk bands were playing out of tune instruments.
>>
>>70197715
From an exclusively musical point of view I would say so. Plenty of people enjoy sex pistols though, so you're definitely not alone in that.
>>
>>70194213
How is that image cool to anyone over 15?
>>
>>70199156
Seeing how many pop threads there are, I doubt that many people posting here are much older than that.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.