[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into Rush?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (472KB, 856x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
472KB, 856x600px
is it worth it?
>>
farewell to kings, 2112, hemispheres and probably
>>
Start with Moving Pictures honestly, it's they're most accesible stuff. From there move to stuff like Hemispheres and 2112. Self-titled / Debut album is super dad rock but also accessible.
>>
Not worth it unless you're under the age of 16 or over the age of 45. They have the proggiest lyrics ever.
>>
>>70194136
what did he mean by this
>>
>>70194136
kids would hate this shit, retard.

nice shitpost.
>>
normie prog
not worth it
its the most digestible "progressive rock" you can find
>>
>>70193690
Start with Moving Pictures. From there you can go to the beginning and go chronologically. Or you can just go chronologically to begin with. Their catalog is pretty strong overall up until the later '80s.
>>
File: KXhmnd3.png (274KB, 1329x1010px) Image search: [Google]
KXhmnd3.png
274KB, 1329x1010px
>>70193690
>>
>>70193690
Listen to Cygnus X-1 part one and two.

Rush's music can be pretty cheesy, but that adds to the aesthetic for me, it's fun. Not that it's entirely cheesy, there are many beautiful powerful moments.
>>
>>70193690
Don't start with Moving Pictures. None of their albums are that great as full-length listens, focus more on just what songs you like.
>>
>>70195655
pretty much.
And then if you don't like moving pictures at all, the rest won't change your mind.
>>
>>70193690
When you get to 2112 make sure you read the story that came with the album. Shit makes alot more sense. Easily one of their best works.
>>
A farewell to kings is great especially xanadu
>>
>>70197077
tl;dr read anthem by ayn rand
>>
Is Tool basically Rush but hip to like?
>>
it's a lot cooler to like rush. tool fans are just the butt of endless jokes from music enthusiasts and normies alike. because they suck
>>
>>70195655

This is perfect.

personally, I'd go moving pictures, 2112, farewell to kings, hemispheres
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.