[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Blue Oyster Cult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: The_Essential_Blue_Oyster_Cult.jpg (41KB, 495x494px) Image search: [Google]
The_Essential_Blue_Oyster_Cult.jpg
41KB, 495x494px
What does /mu/ think of Blue Oyster Cult?
>>
They had some decent songs, but mostly a singles band and their albums were loaded to the gills with filler. Also they went downhill fast during the punk era and never recovered.

Their last two albums recorded with budget label CMC in the late 90s-early 2000s are fairly good, too bad nobody cared by that time.
>>
don't fear the reaper is a great song desu
>>
>>70190097
really enjoyed that Godzilla cover by Fu Manchu
>>
Used to be my favorite band as a classic rock only listening pleb child. Their debut, Secret Treaties, and Fire of Unknown Origin are my personal faves. Also, their live albums are pretty good, a great live band for sure.
>>
really really bad reddit music how do people listen to it?
>>
wow, five replies and not a single mention of cowbell

good show /mu/
>>
Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll is a killer slab of 70s rock, if you want something that really captures the feel of that era.
>>
>>70190919
way to fuck it up
>>
>>70190709
A ton of bands didn't survive punk, that was what separated the real talents from the also-rans/fad riders.
>>
Career of Evil and Veteran of the Psychic Wars are my favorite BOC songs t.b.h
>>
>>70190908
That's like asking how people can unironically listen to RHCP.
>>
Mirrors and Fire of Unknown Origin are their two strongest albums in my opinion, although the former is more hit and miss. The band was quite talented back in their prime, though, with some very exceptional songs. I Love the Night is probably their finest song.

I saw them live a couple years ago and they were very impressive, definitely exceeded expectations and I would recommend seeing them live if you're into them.

Buck Dharma is an excellent guitarist and Eric Bloom had a great voice.
>>
Dadrock
>>
>>70191886
Quality post my friend 5/5
>>
>>70191854
>>70190709
I think The Curse of the Hidden Mirror was their last album. Probably good they did stop there.
>>
their first three albums are really solid, and fire of unknown oranges is cheesy as fuck but it somehow works pretty good. the rest kind of suck although imaginos had a pretty interesting concept.
>>
>>70190097
shitty dadrock desu
>>
Before The Kiss, A Redcap is a great little biker/country rock tune.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.