[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any vinyl/record player aficionados out there? I has a question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: vinyl.jpg (59KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
vinyl.jpg
59KB, 1000x667px
any vinyl/record player aficionados out there? I has a question
>>
>>70185723
No. Ask again later.
>>
>>70185756

>:(
>>
what is it
>>
i browse /r/vinyl i know everything there is to know
for real what's your question man
>>
>>70185851

>>70185824

sony ps-lx300usb, are they any good? I've heard about lower end players sometimes scratching records with too much tracking force
>>
>>70185723
>I has
what decade is this
>>
>>70185878

its the ((current year)) anon
>>
>>70185875

It's not as a piece of shit as Crosley Cruiser or similar players, but still mediocre.

Get a turntable that allows you to change cartridges (half-inch is more common but P-mount is fine too) and configure counterweight and antiskating.
>>
>>70185927

something like an audio technica lp 120 has those features, right?
>>
>>70185961

yeah, it's a decent table to start. You also might want to consider other tables such as U-Turn Orbit, Pro-Ject Essential or Debut lines, Music Hall etc.

If you're in a budget, you could look for vintage turntables. Check your local Craigslist or local stores.
>>
>>70186001

got it, thanks anon!
>>
>>70185961
lp 120 is fantastic
>>
File: technics-sl-bd20-1.jpg (422KB, 1024x873px) Image search: [Google]
technics-sl-bd20-1.jpg
422KB, 1024x873px
>>70186008

What >>70186001 said, if you're on a budget look into retro. I got into vinyl in June and I didn't have that much to spare for a turntable, and only wanted something basic that would sound OK and wouldn't damage my records. Ended up finding a Technics SL-BD20 (Early 90s model, very reliable made in japan, mine is silver because I'm a speshal snoeflake) for $95AU in full working order with the Dust Cover intact, 45 converter, cables and everything. Could probably be had cheaper in murrica if you shop around, assuming that's where you're from.

It's very much a plug and play unit; the anti-skate, tracking force and all that shit are pre-set, though to my understanding it is possible to adjust them, they're just not convenient dials and switches right there. That's fine with me, though, since it makes it dead simple to use. It uses p-mount cartridges so you have room to upgrade but unless you want to read the manual to make the adjustments you'll want to stick with stuff that runs at the 1.25g tracking that it comes set at from the factory. The stock P24 cartridge is said to be very decent so I ended up keeping that and just replacing the stylus with an upgrade to an elliptical one (stock is conical which are supposed to be worse for record wear and general detail retrieval, they are know for having a more warm, rounded sound). The new stylus was only about $20US and sounded immediately far better than the stock.

I'm not pretending to be an expert, I'm only a beginner myself, but this turntable has been great for me for little money, so it's an option there for you.

I do know you'll probably find refurbished ones closer to the $150US+ mark, don't pay that much for one. It's only a good deal if you find it cheap.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.